Author Topic: Xmas at Lara Beach  (Read 5257 times)

Offline snowtop

Xmas at Lara Beach
« on: January 03, 2014, 15:34:15 PM »
A lot of us from Calis went to various hotels in Lara over the festive season, I think this is a golden opportunity to get the lowdown in preparation for those people who intend going again to Lara Beach next year.

I will start off with my report/opinion of The Rixos Lares, this being our second visit.

1) Hotel:   Very good,  good and spacious bedrooms,  we had 2 minor defects in the room, but they were
                fixed  immediately.

2) Food:   A very  good choice of dishes, but mostly the same every day.  The waiters were worked off of their
               feet but except for a couple, managed to smile and be polite when everything was not going their
               way.

3) Bars:   1 Bar downstairs for evening and one bar upstairs all day.  Once again the staff worked hard under
               pressure.  Red Lable whiskey was kept under the bar and you had to ask for it, but no problems.
               The seating needed to be sorted out better, the sofas were far too long.

4) Staff:   Very attentive, polite and chatty

5) Entertainment:  There was something on every night in the downstairs bar, one night we  had ABBA and
    another night we had Barbra Streisand.
    I am surprised Elvis was not resurrected for the night.  Both sets of impersonators were good for the
    2hours they were on.

Value for money???   Definitely

Would we go again???  Yes but not for a couple of years, a different hotel next year, hence this post

Offline Bluwise

Re: Xmas at Lara Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 17:09:53 PM »
Thanks for that Snowtop - is Lara Beach predominantly Hotel based as opposed to Calls with a choice of bars on the prom?  We prefer apartments rather than Hotels and have been looking for an alternative to Calis for the colder months and I believe it is a bit warmer there?

Offline snowtop

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 18:08:18 PM »
I don't know if there are any apartments there, the place is predominantly 4 and 5 star all inclusive

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 21:10:13 PM »
just for a change this year we tried kremlin palace. sorry wow. very disappointed. in our opinion 5 star yok. needs a big lot of tlc. food cold. bar staff not very attentive. 7 km from lara beach but have a good dolmus  service. 9 lira for efes. 11 lira for bomonti. 15 lira vodka and coke. would not recommend. surprised at the comments from rixos lares. tried it the last 2 years and found it excellent. each to ones opinion.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 21:11:47 PM »
these prices are for the bars in lara beach strip.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 00:59:52 AM »
If you read it again, Jack, you will find that this is not a derogatory post, as my last 2 sentences will confirm, but you are correct everyone to their opinion and that is what this post is about.

While I am at it   " A happy new year to everyone"

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »
Went to the Fame Hotel for Christmas,and we really enjoyed it,found the staff there,very friendly,
And no complaints, its also. On Lara. Beach.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 13:06:41 PM »
Where is Lara beach situated please?all my years in turkey i have not heard of this place.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 13:52:34 PM »
It's the beach area not far from Antalya airport

Offline Janbee

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 14:26:27 PM »
We had our first Xmas in Antalya,  and stayed at the Kremlin Palace Hotel.  We stayed for the Xmas and New year period.  I was very disappointed with the food for Xmas however the New Year's eve Gala was excellent, the food was delicious, with a five course menu, waiter service,  live music and a wonderful atmosphere.  The hotel was beautiful and well kept.  As it was buffet food it was okay, but could have been better, and I agree with Jack it was cold some of the time.  I have no intention of returning to Antalya as for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would ever want to leave the beauty of Fethiye and Calis Beach for a concrete resort!  On the positive side I did get to go to Marks and Sparks   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf