Author Topic: Restaurant demolished  (Read 5880 times)

Offline hoops man

Restaurant demolished
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »
I cannot remember the name of the Restaurant that was sitting here yesterday. It was a good looking building on 4 floors with bars and Restaurant with a super roof terrace and see views so shock when i walked round the corner and saw this. If you go from the finans bank in the direction of the amphitheatre it is only just round the corner approx 100m same side. The builders say it will be !!! Yes you guest it, a Restaurant.

Offline thebillet

Re: Restaurant demolished
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
It is the Cadde or was. There's a thread about it. It offered a very good discount to CBF and shortly after this happened I don't know if the two are connected;-).

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:14:54 AM »
It's the Cadde restaurant, apparently it suffered damage during the earthquake and then failed a test carried out by council engineers who declared the building unsafe. It closed during the summer and had a big sign outside advising customers about the problem.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 13:57:09 PM »
Can see by the first picture that they are typical workmen, one working in the digger the others watching. Takes me back to they old days of the GPO   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 14:30:46 PM »
Couldn't they have waited till the summer to do this? :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 17:56:29 PM »
Loved the Cadde for a really lovely chilled out lunch and fabulous views.  I am glad that another restaurant will open there, I hope they will  put a similar terrace on the roof.

Offline UPtownr

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 18:52:25 PM »
To my knowledge CADDE's owner Talip still holds the right of first refusal to return there once the building is rebuilt according to code.

Since then Talip, being a restless passionate young entrepreneur, he has transplanted the 'live music' portion of CADDE to Paspatur (next to Car Cemetery), two blocks up.

..and he has taken over the restaurant of the old 'Yasaroglu Hotel' in Ovacik with the intention of opening  there a new restaurant named 'a la Turka Kitchen & Bar'. They already started demolition work, as he wants to redo the Kitchen and Bath areas from the ground up.

So we'll just have to wait and see if CADDE returns back and exercises his right to re-occupy his original digs or moves on to better things.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 18:58:44 PM »
Could you try and write in a style that isn't "plugging my mate" all the time...

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 19:01:24 PM »
I read somewhere that it was not the earthquake that the cause of the problem but when it was renovated either ground floor or upper floors that a main beam was taken out and that later the quake caused or showed up the weakness.   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 19:05:33 PM »
Well it would :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf