Author Topic: maximum residency term before April.  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: maximum residency term before April.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 22:37:00 PM »
No, he renewed it  ;)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 23:06:44 PM »
Thanks Scunner,seems.we.Will.have to go.with 3,but will try for 5.

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 07:35:25 AM »
We went and completed the forms with Volkan at 2gether in Fethiye yesterday. He called later to confirm that everything had been handed in to the passport police and all the paperwork was OK. We were renewing our residency, we own a property and we have renewed for 5 years.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:06 AM »
Slikmrs, this was a renewal of my first residency which when I applied in 2010 was told it could only be for 3 years but when Mrs Hamlet applied for her first residency in 2011 she was able to get 5 years. Since then we know of people who have been told both versions. We live in Uzumlu and therefore ours are all dealt with in Fethiye.
I would definitely use a translator, we have employed both Ilknur Doody & Yakup Yilmaz for residency applications and feel that it is well worth paying 100tl for someone to complete all the paperwork correctly, to get the documents signed as required and submit them to the passport police, along with all the running around connected with the process is well worth it.
I'm not sure exactly how long it took for the application after the paperwork was submitted as I left collection until I was in that area again & that was 10 days later.
Hope this helps.  8)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 19:15:17 PM »
Thanks Hamlet. Fingers crossed for the 5 or at least 3.

Offline daveG

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
LeeGlo I too was under the impression that the Apr new rule would allow residency to continue only if you were in the country for 6 months or more. I hope I'm wrong as this would have a major effect on
many of us who spend 3/4/5 months here. As stated we are rapidly approaching the said date with
no apparent up-dates. :-\

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
Dave, I think you are wrong, I understand you can have residency and only be here a few weeks a year if you wish. The six month rule comes into play once you have been resident for eight years when you can apply for permanent residency as long as you have not been out of the country for more than six months in any one year.

Offline daveG

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:20 AM »
Sincerely hope your right Rimms as trying to translate the "New rule"(interruptions section) is like going through a minefield!!Other ex-pats I have spoken to also under the same impression as I was.
So Fingers and Toes crossed that all will be revealed earlier rather than later!!

Offline saoirse

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »
Have to say Dave I was thinking exactly same as you.

Furthermore, if existing Rps are recognised beyond April I would imagine they would be subject to same new rules. Guesswork of course until we are all told  definitively

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:42 AM »
And what you are told will be less likely to be how the new law is written and more likely to be how each member of staff in the Fethiye office interprets the new rules. Sad, but true !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf