Author Topic: Erasta shopping mall  (Read 16261 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Erasta shopping mall
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 15:46:26 PM »
Well, if it becomes ANYTHING to resemble most British High Streets, it will soon be full of charity shops !!

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 16:44:52 PM »
And coffee shops

Offline margob

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 18:25:42 PM »
Oh no !Ikea and C/A no!I wouldn't have any tacky furnishings or wear any of there clothing at home .I would like lots of small individual shops.I

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 18:39:58 PM »
If it's anything like the Shopping Centres in the U.K. the small shop keepers will not be able to afford the rent.
I would not call Ikea tacky.  I don't have any Ikea furniture, but I have seen some in other peoples homes and it looks good. I also know that lots of people in the Fethiye area have Ikea furniture delivered from Izmir, so there is a call for it.
As for C.&.A's.  I am no clothes snob, so if I saw something I liked I would buy it.  C.&.A.'s in Istanbul is very popular.  I bought some really good trousers in the C.&.A in Amsterdam and they where good quality and strangely enough "Made in Turkey"
I think I would rather have C.&.A. clothes  than some of the bri nylon sequinned clothes in the local small shops in Fethiye.

Offline margob

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 18:53:57 PM »
We are all full aware of the rents that shopkeepers have to pay.We also know that many shops stock bry nylon but there are lots of shops sell beautiful cotton items.We don't all want cheap and nasty.Local people need to benifit from this shopping center not just holidaymakers.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 20:01:14 PM »
Sounds a bit harsh, just a bit of banter, we all have an opinion.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 20:41:45 PM »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 20:57:39 PM »
We are all full aware of the rents that shopkeepers have to pay.We also know that many shops stock bry nylon but there are lots of shops sell beautiful cotton items.We don't all want cheap and nasty.Local people need to benifit from this shopping center not just holidaymakers.

I have a friend who lives in Fethiye, she is married to a Turkish man.  She hates the local shops, can never find anything in cotton to wear and waits until she gets back home to the U.K. to stock up on clothes.  I have to agree. I find the local shops expensive and there is nothing I would or could wear  The women's clothes are made of man made materials and are very very fuss.and I never bother about the name of the shop or the price of the item.  I buy what I like.  So, please let me know where to buy these wonderful cotton clothes.  I will tell my friend too.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 07:13:26 AM »
Calm Down!! It's only a half built shopping centre!  8)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:29 AM »
I love C&A. Its my first stop wherever I go shopping in Europe. And it means you get something different as they no longer operate in the UK. I usually buy my grandkids skiwear from here too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf