Author Topic: Tiyatro  (Read 3992 times)

Offline busybee

Re: Tiyatro
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 05:17:07 AM »
I also love Kaya and like to explore the Ghost Village.  I meander around, imagining the people and life they had here.  I always see something different.  Many a time, the visitors I have took, have descended down for a beer and I continue on.  Its eerily sad and a place that I imagine, was once full of community spirit.

I agree that key places and a few small houses should be restored. It would keep the integrity and visually, seeing dwellings, of how they were, would be a big impact on the imagination and what they went through.

The church is out of bounds and a notice saying closed for restoration.  Not holding my breath.   Or is Kaya at the bottom of the restoration list.... All those 5TL's must have added up over the years!!!

Offline busybee

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 05:26:13 AM »
"Who lives in a house like this", several were occupied last year. Are they local folk, or just seasonal staff?? with free digs.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:37 AM »
There are half a dozen houses on the edge that are occupied by local people. All deemed illegal, but nothing has been done about them for years.

Any construction or restoration is illegal, so Sarnic and Levissi Gardens aren't supposed to be there. No doubt the owners have paid 'fines'.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 07:32:47 AM »
A couple of houses have satellite dishes.
How restored is that.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf