Author Topic: Hello, we are visiting in April  (Read 8101 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hello, we are visiting in April
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 22:42:10 PM »
That's what I said Lotty :D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 22:43:29 PM »
Great minds.   ;)x

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 23:07:27 PM »
"He can sit in front of the fire at home in Britain In fact Scotland is nice in April...now if that does not sell it etc., .... ;D :P

Of course he can Jacqui but he would not have the company of the wonderful Cali's locals.

PS Scotland is "nice" at any time of the year as you "immigrants" know only full we'll  :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Lotty, where can I try the 'stuffed dolmus'? Is it a 'Meeting Point' speciality?

I'm a fan of the region in January and February, never mind April. Depends what you are looking for from your holiday of course.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 07:19:45 AM »
Menthol, the 'stuffed Dolmus' can be found in many areas of Fethiye, if you just stand at the side of the road you will catch one in no time, no need to order.

A warning though, they can at times resemble sardine tins, the mixture of odours inside can be 'interesting' and the contents varied, with a mixture of 2 & 4 legged meats crammed inside.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:38:18 AM »
You have advised against visiting Calis in April but are yet to experience Calis in April?

We love Calis and will look forward to staying there off season, but I am advising a person who has been once in July and probably expected it to be the same in April from the point of view of a full lively holiday for two children. Us Calis lovers would be happy at a quieter time, but for a family looking for a similar holiday to the one they took in July they may not be as happy as us regulars.
Alan has expressed concerns that the Water Taxi will not be running the Swimming Pools will be empty and some restaurants closed.  This is all true.   So no matter how us romantic Calis lovers say they really like our resort at a quiet time, I don't think Alan is looking for this sort of recommendation.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
April is actually our favorite time of year.   It is quiet, the air is clear and as scunner said, the scenery is at its most picturesque.  Days are often warm enough for beach...and ideal walking, biking weather.  It is still too cold for pools, but there are plenty of other things to be doing - even with teenage children.   Perfick  :)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
I love Fethiye in April but I think 2 teenage boys will be bored without a pool etc

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »
April is a lovely time of year to visit although the weather can still be a little unpredictable but assuming it is sunny the beach will be perfect.

The water taxi may not be running but the Dolmuş will be.

Kaya is wonderful to visit in April when spring flowers are in abundance.

In Fethiye, just a short Dolmuş ride away, and Kaya there will be plenty of restaurants open and even in Çaliş there will be enough open to satisfy most people.

Also it is easy enough and far cheaper to use the local Dolmuş to visit places like Saklıkent.

I am surprised to hear some say that in May many restaurants aren't open. The season officially starts at the beginning of May and the majority of 'season only' places are normally open by then.

Offline Alan McKean

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »
Goodness, what a lively debate we have started. Really good to read all your posts and differing views on April in Calis, thank you. Yes, we have had to stick to Scottish school holidays for younger son but definitely prefer to visit April than July/August. Hope to do a good bit of walking and exploring that seemed impossible in summer heat. Boys will have to fit in with us or slouch around at local cafés looking bored as teenagers often do! 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf