Author Topic: Fethiye Festival of World Music 2014  (Read 6821 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Fethiye Festival of World Music 2014
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 14:09:40 PM »
I have added some new information in the post above. The main extra item is that Scott Jeffers who was a HUGE hit last year will perform on the night before the World Music Festival is alleged to begin, in fact quite a lot is happening that evening without as yet getting the promotion it deserves.

I still hope to get the line up information and if I do will share.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 14:33:39 PM »
I have added some new information in the post above. The main extra item is that Scott Jeffers who was a HUGE hit last year will perform on the night before the World Music Festival is alleged to begin, in fact quite a lot is happening that evening without as yet getting the promotion it deserves.

I still hope to get the line up information and if I do will share.

We are over at the moment and really looking forward to this music festival. Thanks for all the info Nichola, just hope the weather improves   :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 14:43:37 PM »
I know its a real shame. But Wednesday evening should be good and the forecast at the moment for that is good. I'll be down there from about 5-5.30ish and then on and off until Scott has been on at ten.

Come and say hello, I will be hanging around the stage   :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 17:54:30 PM »

Come and say hello, I will be hanging around the stage    :)

Like a love-sick groupie  8)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
Don't know if you have posted this Nichola, it was sent to me this morning :

2014 Festival Daily Programme

7th FETHIYE INTERNATIONAL ARTS & CULTURAL FESTIVAL DAILY PROGRAMME
03.05.14 Saturday
10:00                     The Opening of the Anatolian Culture Exhibition at the Beşkaza Square
05.05.14 Monday - 06.05.14 Tuesday
10:00                     Writers’ and Artists’ workshops in schools
Festival Opening Programme
07.05.14 Wednesday
10:00                     Festival Opening at Fethiye Cultural Centre
11:25                     The Yunus Nadi High School Reporting Competition Award Ceremony at Fethiye Cultural Centre
13:00                     The Opening of Hüseyin Macar’s exhibition at Aziz Art Gallery
14:30                     An audience with Aret Vartanyan and book signing at Fethiye Cultural Centre
16:00                     Festival Parade
17:30                     The Entertainment Group’s Award Ceremony in Beşkaza Square
17:45                     The High Schools’ Best Costume Competition Award Ceremony in Beşkaza Square
18:00                     Festival Opening Night in Beşkaza Square
19:00                     Fethiyespor’s 81st Anniversary Celebrations
08.05.14 Thursday         
09:30                     The Book Fair Opening Ceremony in Beşkaza Square
10:30                     Artists’ Exhibition Opening Ceremony in Dispanser Street
11:00                     Nadir Ede’s “Istanbul – 100 years before, 100 years later” Photography Exhibition at Fethiye Cultural Centre
11:00                     An audience with Tuncay Özkan and book signing at Fethiye Cultural Centre
11:30                     The English Photography Club’s Exhibition at Fethiye Cultural Centre Open Area
12:00                     FEFSAD Members’ Photography Exhibition in Beşkaza Square
12:30                     FEFOT Members’ Photography Exhibition in Beşkaza Square
13:00                     The Under Eighteen High School Short Film Competition Viewing and Award Ceremony
14:00                     An audience with Süleyman Bulut and book signing at Atatürkçü Düşünce Derneği
16:00                     A workshop with Mohammed Rıza Mortazavi at Fethiye Cultural Centre
16:00                     Opening of the Croatian Photography Exhibition in the Chamber of Archtects building
17:00                     The Hıfzı Topuz Conference
18:00                     An Award Ceremony with Hıfzı Topuz and Öner Ciravoğlu
18:30                     Hilmi Etikan’s Presentation on Samples of Short Films from the World at Fethiye Cultural Centre
19:30                     World Music Celebration Opening Concert in Beşkaza Square
19:30                     A Photography Presentation with Malcolm Cartledge at Fethiye Cultural Centre
20:00                     Han Kip:   Multimedia show at FBKM
09.05.14 Friday
09:30                     Book Fair
11:00                     A movie on censorship by Behiç Ak at Fethiye Cultural Centre
11:00                     An Audience with Doğan Yurdakul and book signing at Atatürkçü Düşünce Derneği
13:00                     Kandiye Photography Competition Award Ceremony at Fethiye Cultural Centre
13:30                     The Kaymakam Mustafa Karslıoğlu Kindergarten and Fethiye Gazi Intermediate School Drama Show at Fethiye Cultural Centre
15:00                     The Atatürk Middle School Mime Show
15:00                     An Audience with Mehmet Atay, together with Yeni Kuşak Village Institute and Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Institute – Atatürkçü Düşünce Derneği
17:00                     An Audience with Zehra ipşiroğlu, Gülsüm Cengiz, Nurten Kum, Zeynep Oral and Mine Söğüt, on “Writing and Living through the Eyes of Women”, together with the Cumhuriyetçi kadınlar, the Atatürkçü Düşünce Derneği, and book signing with participating writersat Fethiye Cultural Centre
19:30                     World Music Celebration Day Two Concert in Beşkaza Square
19:30                     An Audience with Fethi izan on “Behind the Advertising Photographer’s Camera – reflections on Photos in Advertising Photography” – at Fethiye Cultural Centre
20:30                     An audience with Orhan Alptürk on “Every Photograph is Manipulation – a Photograph’s connection to Reality” – at Fethiye Cultural Centre
21:30                     A Photography Presentation with Alex Laberge & Jean Christophe – at Fethiye Cultural Centre
10.05.14 Saturday
10:00                     Book Fair
11:00                     Artists Panel at Fethiye Cultural Centre
13:00                     A Poetry Workshop Presentation with Mine Selen, Gülsüm Cengiz, Mine Sarmış Çaylak and Students at Fethiye Cultural Centre
14:00                      A Live Painters Show in Dispanser Street
14:00                     An Audience with Behiç Ak and book signing  at Cumhuriyet Kadınları Derneği
16:00                     An Audience with Mustafa Mutlu and book signing at Fethiye Cultural Centre
17:00                     “Er Mektubu, Görülmüştür” book signing day at Fethiye Cultural Centre
19:30                     World Music Celebration Day Three Concert in Beşkaza Square
19:30                     An Audience with Nadir Ede on “The History and Development of World Photography” -  at Fethiye Cultural Centre
20:30                     An Audience and Presentation with Haluk Uygur on “Prisons without worry beads” and “Anatolia and beyond” -  at Fethiye Cultural Centre
21:30                     A Photography Presentation with Alan Ainsworth – at Fethiye Cultural Centre
11.05.14 Sunday
11:00                     Book Fair
19:00                     World Music Celebration Closing Concert

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 13:19:59 PM »
Lots of references to photography    :)  Does anyone know who The English Photography Club are?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 13:24:56 PM »
It's the detail that's missing for me in the "program" concerning the line up for the evening performances. I'm planning to go every night but not everyone will want to. And, then what if the one "music group" is one that you actually do want to see but you're stood like a plank in Fethiye square!   ???

Latest update re sunset performances

8, 9, 10, 11 MAY 19:30 ÇALIŞ, ÖLÜDENiZ, GÖCEK

Festivale katılan gruplardan birer grup havanın müsait oluşuna göre 8, 9, 10 ve 11 Mayıs günleri Çalış, Ölüdeniz ve Göcek'te GÜNBATIMI konserleri verecekler.

One music group will have SUNSET CONCERTS in Çalış beach, Ölüdeniz Fethiye and Göcek on the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th of May depending on rain conditions.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 13:27:16 PM »
Lots of references to photography     :)  Does anyone know who The English Photography Club are?

As I know they are connected to the Turkish Photography club that used to/still does meet in the culture centre on Wednesdays I think. But then maybe not.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 13:48:44 PM »
I have received a message from one of the organisers re my latest request for information on the nightly line ups and it is as follows.

"It is really very difficult to manage which and when. Some of the groups told us they will be coming only yesterday and some confirmed they will be here the day before. As soon as I get hold of any news I'll let you know".

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 14:57:31 PM by nichola »

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 16:16:25 PM »
To be fair, and in my considerable experience, that sounds exactly like musicians.

I used to veer from wanting to smack their arses in sound check to kissing their faces after they'd played. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf