Author Topic: Galeri Zeynep  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Galeri Zeynep
« on: May 06, 2014, 17:39:34 PM »
Does anyone know where they have moved to? They were originally on the same side as HSBC & then moved over the road. Went today & the newer shop is closed

Many thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Galeri Zeynep
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 20:24:56 PM »
He seems to move from one side to the other all the time.  We have used him for a long time now.  I hope he has not gone too far.  Hope someone knows.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:07:15 AM »
Liz the gallery is closed for now as he is involved with some project or other and there is a photographic gallery there now. However the picture framing side of the business is still there on the same side of the road about 50m away just around the corner down a little side street next to the gym

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
How strange - because only yesterday we were trying to find him.  We gather he has had a not-too-successful operation on his back in Izmir, however we were then directed up a little alley adjacent to his empty shop, and up there 50 yards sharp right beside a small locanta (very good) is a framer phone 0532 520 39 44.  Very helpful and quick service.  He has "station announcer" standard English

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:36:06 AM »
That's the one. He recently did a big framing job for the 3C's and is very good.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
Make sure he writes down the price and take with you when collecting.
He totally went back on the price he told me when reframing a picture and tried to keep the original frame and was quite nasty.
He also damaged a previous print of one of carols paintings and blamed the printer.
After a bit of a conflab between him and the printer it was resolved.
But after explaining the process it was obvious it wasn't the printer who was at fault.
I won't go back and know others who have had problems too.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »
I am sorry to hear that, as we have used him for a long time and he as always been helpful and his prices are very cheap.  He made a large mirror for us for over the fireplace and we could not get it in the car.  He brought it around to our house after he finished work, at no extra charge.   

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 22:37:29 PM »
Please can somebody give me the address or simpler directions as I'm unsure of the directions that have been posted

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 18:20:30 PM »
He sold the business and the new owners bought premises almost opposite on the other side of the road and they were not continuing with the same type of art work. I'm unsure whether they're still doing framing but I haven't been there as I'm still in the UK.

Offline Yaz

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 21:16:19 PM »
At the end of last season an English photographer called Chaz and his wife(?) took over the shop had some really interesting images for sale, they sold Christmas cards via Café Café also. But at Easter their shop seemed closed completely.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf