Author Topic: E Visa's for frequent visitors  (Read 6738 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
E Visa's for frequent visitors
« on: May 18, 2014, 16:34:39 PM »
Speaking to  friends today who spend about 5 months of the year here, they did not renew their residency they took out e Visa's in January with a start date of 2nd Jan. but did not come out till April for a few weeks, they are going back before end of June which is when the 90 in 180 day visa expires.
As soon as it expires they will take out a new one and come again for a max of 90 days then renew again in January. This way they do not have the cost of residency and the insurance costs now associated with residency.
They just make sure they are back in the UK when it runs out.
It states on the website
"The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your application. You can enter Turkey on any date within this period."

Seems like a solution for home owners who want to spend more time in Turkey.
Apologies if it has been covered before.
Mark

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: E Visa's for frequent visitors
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 17:09:23 PM »
Well as we have just used the new Visa system for the first time I can say that the old benefit of already having a Visa and going straight to passport control has gone.

20 odd minutes of waiting in a queue the first time ok but every time you come over with valid Visa is a pain.

What I found when I finally got to the passport desk was the very happy smiling face of Turkish passport man that he promptly dripped my paper copy of the Visa on the desk and didn't even look at this. I assumed he could see that I had a valid Visa when he scanned my passport.

So next time over do I "man up" and risk not having a copy or not?

Time will tell. I am just sorry that the little perk of getting out of the airport early has now sadly gone....

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 17:50:36 PM »
You should not need a copy,as when they scan your passport your visa app shows up. They will need to get their act together in the summer months at the passport control desks as we queued up for a fair time when entering and leaving

Offline Fran

E Visa's for frequent visitors
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 20:18:29 PM »
I would check but I think the 90 days is on a rolling basis and they now count back to when you last left turkey. So a new visa does not automatically mean a further 90 days.

Hope this link helps.
http://www.yellali.com/news/article/33/90-180-day-tourist-visa-for-turkey-new-rules-explained

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 20:30:18 PM »
It's not quite as simple as you think Mark. It's one of the reasons that they've introduced the new Residency rules.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »
It will be interesting to see how they go on when they come back after June on the next Visa.
Mark

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
Not sure I understand the second paragraph. Are they saying that if you have used your 90 days up then even though the 180 days have come to an end you cannot re-enter until you have been out of the country for 90 days?

When my 90 days is finished, can I purchase another visa and come back?
No, a tourist visa only allows you 90 full days entry into Turkey out of every 180 full days. Meaning you cannot visit again for another 90 days.

(This rule was fully enforced on the 31st of January 2012)

Always remember it is a maximum of 90 days in every 180 days.
The days not used will 'roll over'. (meaning can roll over to a new visa)
Think 'what is my intended departure date from Turkey' and start counting back over a 180 day period. If you have spent a total of 90 days then you cannot re-enter for another 90 days. If you haven't reached 90 days, then you can return to Turkey for your remaining days.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 17:32:38 PM »
Forgive me for being thick but maybe someone can stop my wife and I killing each other.Reading the rules there should be no problem having two weeks in June then two weeks in September as that would only be 28 days within 180,however the departure from Turkey date in September would be more than 90 days from the arrival date in May,so would a renewal be needed before the September trip?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 17:59:44 PM »
No, your Visa is valid for 180 days.  During these 180 days you can spend 90 days in Turkey.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 19:13:01 PM »
Thanks for that has anyone experienced multiple trips/visas yet

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf