Author Topic: Removals UK to Fethiye Avoiding Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Removals UK to Fethiye Avoiding Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 16:28:21 PM »
Will "lock that one away" for future reference - thanks

Offline The Author

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 17:02:19 PM »
What a fabulous, helpful bunch you all are - thanks  :) We have plenty to consider now.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 17:23:14 PM »
 ??? I'd consider leaving your stuff in the UK, starting from scratch and flying here.

£2k+ (your potential fuel costs) will buy you some decent furniture here. Then there's the vehicle costs.

slikmrs swears by parcel2go and the 65kg luggage allowance on easyJet. She uses friends as 'mules' too, paying the extra luggage costs for them to bring out an extra suitcase. Or two.

And I love an adventure but Eric and KKOB's amazingly helpful posts still made it sound like a ball-ache to me.

Good luck though, whichever way you choose to undertake your journey here.  :D

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 17:38:01 PM »
That does make sense to me also. As a fun journey, with no kit etc would be a much more attractive proposition and Rover could come too !

Offline Firo

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 19:25:53 PM »
Got to say that for the approx costs of doing this £1,500 - £2000 fuel,, tools etc & buying a van (selling said van on return to Uk) and bringing your goods over is far cheaper than trying to buy all new here. Yes you can replace some for that amount and not necessarily same quality but it's easier to settle here if you have familiar things around you...plus you get a great adventure  ;D ;D

Offline Chudwell

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 14:49:50 PM »
My wife and I have driven over on 2 occasions, using both the northern route and the southern route.  In our opinion the southern route (france, italy, greece, turkey) is by far the most enjoyable and safest, although it means at least 2 ferrys.  If you want more info just e mail.  I will help where I can.  Regards chud.

Offline The Author

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 00:43:06 AM »
The shipping costs are now coming in at nearly £4k plus we have to fly to Istanbul for customs clearance. Buying a van to complete the job could be an adventure but... but not very practical. Ive placed a listing for a man and van on anyvan.com so that could be interesting. failing that the cost of boxing up personal effects etc  and paying for additional luggage is promising but it'll mean leaving a few bits of furniture behind and Jill's  Georgian Dolls House (she's loved building it) oh and the flat screen tv. Although on our last visit we bought one from Migros at a reasonable price and I wouldnt be surprised if the really big screen have come down further. Thanks everyone for all your help, advice and comments - really looking forward to finally making the move  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 07:18:15 AM »
Good Luck with your adventure, enjoy it.         :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf