Author Topic: Winehouse  (Read 7953 times)

Offline retiredandlovingit

Re: Winehouse
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 07:05:49 AM »
That's not what I meant Gordon A.  I knew that Senners mum had passed away, I meant that I hoped they hadn't left the Winehouse and that it would reopen and that the stories flying around were not true.  I guess I am not very good as expressing myself in witing and that is one of the reasons why I don't often put pen to paper ,  lesson learnt, I apologize if anyone was offended by my remark.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:33 AM »
The bloody gossip mongers really wee me off!!!!
Haven't people got enough going on in their own lives?
Seners mum passed away 2 days before our wedding at the Winehouse, just a few short weeks ago.
He was in Izmir, he travelled down on the day of the wedding, 6 hours on a bus, and back again the next day.
He's back and forth at every opportunity to be with his grieving family in Bodrum, 4 hours away.
Ian's lost 4 stone rushing around trying to manage the business on his own.
They need time for Sener to grieve, and Ian needs time to breathe so rather than be open when there's no one around they're just open on their busy days for now,
Shame on people who don't know the facts and I hope you're pleased with yourselves, there was just a handful of us at the quiz last night as sadly people think it's closed.

If ever there's a way to force people out of business that's the way...
Now could people just leave these guys to manage their business the way they choose to during this difficult time, and give them support and friendship instead which is what they need right now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:14:07 AM by kayakebab »

Offline saoirse

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
I asked a simple question,

Whilst not a regular there I do enjoy vists to the Winehouse and have respect for Senner and his business.

Its a bit ott for people to go off the handle over a simple query.

Hope the lads get through this

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:19:05 AM »
A simple answer was what was needed Saorise, not a load of rumours.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
Give me strength.  In Belfast we have a song ," whatever you say, say (or ask) nothing"- applies to Uzumlu too!!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »
It was a useful question to ask, lots of other people have been asking too, so now we all know that they are open three days/nights per week for the time being, hopefully we will support them during their difficult time and look forward to their opening full time as soon as they are ready.

Tuesday/Saturday/Sunday   :)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »
Thank you for that Nichola

Hopefully customers will rally round now  that the matter has been explained and the Winehouse goes from strength to strength

Offline suehugh

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »
Good to hear that the Winehouse is still up and running and this was always our first stop when visiting Uzumlu and probably always will be.
It's a bit sad to see the vitriol sparked off from an innocent enquiry as to what the state of play is with the Winehouse though.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
As a shy quiet innocent retiring type I am mortally offended at the ensuing ire following my query

HOWEVER  its bloody great news that its biz as usual in Winehouse. I feel a big steak coming on!!!!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
Thanks for the information Nichola a very difficult time for them both. With hindsight it would have been a good idea to post on their facebook page the new opening dates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf