Author Topic: Only in Turkey  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Only in Turkey
« on: May 27, 2014, 20:19:38 PM »
Phil pulled a muscle in his neck, so we called into the Chemist opposite Migros in Fethiye.  He told the Chemist he had pulled a muscle and needed a tube of muscle rub.  The Chemist told him to sit down. Next thing he was told to open his shirt and another assistant rubbed ointment into his neck and started to give him a massage.  I was asked what I wanted to drink.  Two cold apple teas arrived.  I also had a small salty biscuit and then a sweetie offered to me. After 10 minutes Phli was finished and he received the tube of ointment in a bag.  The total cost 10 lira. 
I wonder would Boots in the U.K. offer this service  ;D :o  ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Only in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 22:32:49 PM »
Would never happen here Jacqui. Phil did indeed get great service. Hope the rub is working  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 22:37:10 PM »
I feel a groin strain coming on when I am over    ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 23:12:35 PM »
Classic!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 13:35:22 PM »
I feel a groin strain coming on when I am over      ;)

O.K. you would like the assistant he is small and balding.  I am sure if you asked nicely.....

To Toky, Thanks, I am continuing where the Chemist left off.. :D

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  An ongoing neck and shoulder pain, which I was getting fed up with.  I popped in and asked him for advice and couldn't believe it when he recommended some analgesic tablets and gel, which he then invited me to immediately step behind the counter for the first treatment of gel and a shoulder massage. You can imagine the inuendo I got when I mentioned this to friends.   I was a little taken aback at first, but boy was it good and all the prescribed medication was inexpensive and worked,  I'm now pain free!  He's such a lovely guy, who, incidentally I always go to for a advice on small ailments, he's very knowledgeable and keeps up his knowledge by studying.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 07:56:37 AM »
I went in there yesterday and said I've been feeling a bit down and very irritable.
He was so sweet, he told me it's probably hormone imbalance and gave me some passiflora and evening primrose oil and told me he will review me in a few weeks!
I always get a bit of a discount there, and the boiled sweets are lovely!

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 05:28:04 AM »
We popped into a shop in Fethiye to buy a couple of large water bottles on the way back to the car the other day.

The old chap who sold them to us then invited us into his shop next door for apple tea and began to give Mr WB a similar massage while we were in there. He then moved on to me and even our daughter had a head and neck massage.

The cost was minimal, the tea was delicious and he even then helped us carry the water bottles to the car.
And my right shoulder, which has been giving me gip for about a month, is now pretty much ok.

It was quite surreal, given we only wanted water.....but one of those unexpected experiences that makes life all the richer.   :)

Offline janmack

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 06:40:32 AM »
I love that chemist!  Always so helpful and thoughtful...and always the offer of tea and boiled sweets :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 03:48:20 AM »
Brilliant chemist lovely friendly staff great advice we won't use any other eczane now...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf