Author Topic: Lack of Holiday Makers  (Read 3834 times)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Lack of Holiday Makers
« on: June 15, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
I was Up in Ovarcik & Hisaronu in the week it is like a ghost town where Has every one Gone have they gone all inclusive

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Lack of Holiday Makers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
We noted that the first week we visited i.e. from 22nd May Calis was quiet, by when we left 12th June the previous week had been busy.  We visited Georges at 9.00pm for dinner and it was packed and two couples were already waiting for a table.   The prom was busy too.
I think Hisaronu and Ovacik are always quiet during the day as everyone is down at the beaches.  Best time to shop for me.  We stopped visiting in the evenings as it got too noisy and frantic. 

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »
They're all still waiting to get their passports back !!

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
We flew home last Monday with Easyjet.  There were 26 empty seats on the plane!  Am hearing about flights being cancelled because they are not full.  :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
Our flight from Aberdeen was full both ways.  I did note going out, there were a lot of people going to Marmaris.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:20:43 AM »
We had a road trip a couple of weeks ago to Icmeler, Marmaris, Datca and Akyaka. Marmaris was empty at nights  >:(

Offline col

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
I have usually flown out in May or June most years since 1998, from London airports, with more frequency of flights, but still as a rule, just about full flights.
Now i fly into Bodrum, with less frequency of flights compared to Dalaman, came over just 12 days back, and a good flight time, but the plane was less than half full, something I have not seen before.
Even now, and yes it's into London airports, I have seen return flights from Bodrum late July and returning here late August for around £120.
Friends visting me in a few weeks paid £160 return (booked in March) and thought that was good price.
Considering, for a tourist, the value of the lira compared to last year, some locals where i am now, maybe the same in other areas! are wondering why there seems to be less brits coming to Turkey.
Without getting in politics etc, other tourists/apt and villa owners and bar/resturant owners etc and some estate agents are simply putting it down to one person and don't see an end in sight (yet) for a decrease in tourism, especially from the uk.
Maybe just a blip, time no doubt will tell.

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 20:44:36 PM »
Just a thought but due to parents being fined now for taking there children out of school may be a reason

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
Jacqui did you manage to prebook seats on the PGS flight?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:20:04 AM »
No, it was a total fiasco.  Thomas Cook say, as they have sold the flights to Pegasus they have no control over seats, meals etc.,  I did email Pegasus 3 times, twice in Turkish, but no answer.  Had to get to the Airport 3 1/2 hours early, just as well as the queues got really long at 3 hours.   They did open the check-in early, however, the girl at the check-in said she had no idea if there was food on the flight.  We had something to eat before we left.
There was very little food on the flight and also, no beer and very little spirits.  A major argument broke out with one of the passengers about the lack of alcohol.  It seemed that Pegasus had not stocked up again at Aberdeen.
Going back it was hell. Got to Dalaman 3 hours before and they would not open the check-in's even though there was little air conditioning, a huge queue and babies crying.  They opened exactly 2 hours before the flight.  We were two from the front and it took us 10 minutes to get processed.  I felt sorry for the people at the back of the queue.  Again, little food on the flight, a few sandwiches and again the alcohol was limited.  One passenger offered a Scottish £20 note for drinks and the guy refused it.  Of course, the passenger then told the guy we were flying to Scotland and he should accept a Scottish note.  The passenger had to pay with a credit card and swore he would vote "Yes" in September.
i heard a lot of people saying they did not know T.C. had sold the flights to Pegasus and there was a great deal of ill will against T.C.
If anything would put people off coming to Turkey, these flights from hell would. >:(   As I said, the flights cost us £756.00   :o >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf