Author Topic: increase in prices  (Read 8062 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: increase in prices
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 12:01:16 PM »
That includes eating at Mozaik, Limon in Gocek, Defne Pension, Guvens and Nil.

Not bad value at all tbh.

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 13:07:30 PM »
Ali's bar has saw them doing it on friday, we don't eat in there as the food is awful but will have a drink from time to time

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 14:41:48 PM »
We averaged 70 - 90 lira for a meal with drinks. Cheapest was about 18 at Ciftlik Pide and dearest was Brothers I think. Their set menu was 34 lira each if you wanted steak.
Depends what you are drinking and how many you have... Reference Food, Steak is always most expensive meal on the menu. 
Never eaten at Kerim or Ali's  and only every ate once at Serkul 1 and did not enjoy the meal at all.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
increase in prices
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 16:14:22 PM »
Drinks obviously put the cost of the evening up. We found most main courses were very reasonable and even the steaks were less than £10.

We tend to have a couple of large Efes and a couple of G&T's with our meals - maximum.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 17:35:57 PM »
We've noticed that prices are being teased up by some establishments, but the main excuse I have heard from some is that the exchange rate has gone up, and therefore we charge more.  How they work that one out I do not know.

This particular problem is made worse when some places advertise their prices only in GBP and then have a second bite when people pay the 'english' bill in Turkish lira by charging a silly exchange rate, that people readily accept becasue they think they are getting a good deal.

I just wish that prices could only be in TL then everyone knows where they stand.  Yes I know they are supposed to be in TL, but no one enforces it so it continues on year after year.

Offline simpsons

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 17:44:55 PM »

but where else would you get a three course meal cooked with fresh ingredients for £10.00??

My house, and thats including wine.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 17:56:52 PM »
but where else would you get a three course meal cooked with fresh ingredients for £10.00??

Lots of other places actually.  Over the past year I've seen €10/15 menus in both Spain and Portugal, and they often come with a glass of wine or a beer.  Thinking specifically about the Costa del Sol, I know of several restaurants in the Malaga area where two can eat, drink (bottle of decent wine) and still get change out of €30.

JF

Offline charlste

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 19:32:17 PM »
I think its bad when bar owners adjust their prices to reflect the increased exchange rate.lets face it if it drops like a stone they wont bring the prices down.
Also its always the same few bars that do it.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 20:26:04 PM »
Serkul 1, Gordon had breakfast one morning, not impressed,  missing a few items off the advertised meal. Brenda and Highlander caught us one evening as they were eating there, so we joined them, the evening meal, I could have produced better using a camping stove. Never again.

Beach House was very good, we ate there 2 or 3 times, otherwise Gunisik, consistent every time without fail, I just can't be bothered hunting round for a good place only to be disappointed.

We did not venture to Josephs bar this year, after reading and hearing that his draft beer measures were to pot. what do I know about beer?  our friends boycotted Ali's Bar because one night charged 9tl for the Cider, the next 12tl. 

Nearly forgot, Sekul 1 breakfast advertised 12tl charged 14tl as the prices had just increased for the season. :(

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 22:30:46 PM »
The worst price increases we encountered was at Zayra 2, on the night we arrived 29th may a glass of white wine was advertised and charged at 2 lira, but by the 2nd June the price had increased to 7 lira!!.  I know they need to make a profit and 2 lira was very cheap, but a rise in price to that extent was a rip off, we did not go there again!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf