Author Topic: The Captain's Pearl restaurant  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
The Captain's Pearl restaurant
« on: July 14, 2014, 14:06:00 PM »
Have any members been to this restaurant and if so what is it like please? I think it said fish restaurant...
Thanks for any info... 

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: The Captain's Pearl restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 15:26:32 PM »
I've been a number of times, mainly for breakfast and it strikes me as an excellent place, it's not just a fish restaurant, they have a nice menu and the location is excellent.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 17:04:47 PM »
Ok that is brilliant we will definitely be giving it a try in August, thank you very much for the info  :)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 17:57:28 PM »
Where is this please?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 18:20:32 PM »
It's the old Address, just before the entrance to Ece Saray marina.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 14:55:51 PM »
We had a very nice late lunch there today, prompted by a recent recommendation from customers of ours.

Me - Fish soup with lots of fish, reasonably priced at 10TL, followed by grilled octopus as a main meal for 25TL.

Now its not the first time I have grilled octopus in recent weeks so imagine my surprise to receive a plate of not just one tentacle (which nice as it was, is what I got somewhere else for 27TL) but the whole damned octopus with some grilled/roasted potato and salad (yes, quite a lot of lettuce but never mind).

Note, they also have the grilled octopus on both the hot starter and main course listing on their menu at the same price so if you order as a starter and it comes as it is served as a mains that might just be enough. The octopus came with a soya sauce dressing.

Doğan had the mixed meze platter 20TL which was good but unremarkable (just normal Turkish mezes) and he ordered some small fish as a mains - 5 fish and the same accompaniments as mine, but no sauce.

We had two 750ml bottles of water for which we weren't charged and Doğan had a large Efes, and a double raki and the whole bill was 85TL.

We were also offered çay or Turk Kahvesi on the house, Doğan's coffee came with a menthol liqueur.

We will be going again and the decor is very pleasant with nice views over the harbour.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 06:22:20 AM »
I am pleased to read these positive reviews as we won the meal at CP at the 3Cs auction and have yet to go there - am looking forward to it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf