Author Topic: Visit to the Fish Market is a must.  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Div67

• Newly Registered
Visit to the Fish Market is a must.
« on: July 22, 2014, 19:26:33 PM »
If you like seafood you need to visit the fish market, I can recommend "Ahtapot" restaurant, go to the restaurant first then they will help you pick whatever you want from their section of the market, we picked a large grouper, king prawns, calamari and mussels, these are all cleaned and prepared the way you want before being taken to the restaurant to be cooked, if you want something a certain way you just need to ask. The king prawns in chilli garlic on a sizzling dish are to die for, mmm. This comes with salad bowl and meze, as much or as little as you want and the puff bread and garlic bread  is also brilliant, all together this came to about 140tl..... £20pp, try getting that in a seafood restaurant in the UK... Really is a must if like me you love the stuff ;-)

forgot to add this included 2 efes, sprite and large bottle of water  :P

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Visit to the Fish Market is a must.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 19:36:27 PM »
Are you on commission??   Three postings two on T.A.  and one on here.. O.K. only joking, however, you will find lots of people here love the Fish Market and Recep's seem to get the most votes.

Offline Div67

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 22:15:47 PM »
lol, two different sites, not everyone is on both and I did make my excuse for there being two on TA   :) Commission would be no good to me sitting in Clydebank me thinks!  and I might not go there again, just think it was so good its worth mentioning once or twice or in this case thrice, lol, saying that I would gladly be payed in sea food if possible, lol,  :P  if the other place you mention can be any better I would be sincerely impressed  ;D

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 00:29:45 AM »
Not if don't like or eat fish it's not a must !

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:18 AM »
A new CBF'er (just 35 posts in) takes the trouble to share his experience of the fish market .......and gets two quite precious replies -  :-[

Thanks for the info Div67 - I don't like fish but sometimes feel envious of those that do as I hear such great reports of the quality and choice available in Fethiye/Calis. 

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
They will cook you a steak too, there are butchers around the sides and you can buy a delicious fillet steak. I buy my steaks there to take home and for around £10 you can get two good size fillet steaks. If I am staying to eat in the fish market though I do love the prawns, they are to die for.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »
Dive67's post made me smile, it brought back memories of how excited I was when we first discovered the Fish Market! I thought it was amazing and agree with him it is a must, (if as he said you like fish)   ;)

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Made me smile too Lotty.  Been there so many times my main thoughts when I go now are whether I am being ripped off and if so by how much.  Tend to use the one in the fruit and veg market now and go mainly at lunch time.  Would love to get that feeling of excitement and expectation back again  :( its a bit like discovering that there is no Father Christmas when I was a child. Leaves time though to discover all the other brilliant restaurants in Fethiye and the surrounding area.  :)

Offline Div67

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »
Jeez!!!  theres always one!!!  savoyboy read the first line of the post..... If you like etc.... you sound like a bundle of fun!!!!

Thanks for the other comments everyone, you lucky people who have been so often, wish it was me but then again as you say too much of a good thing can take the edge off it, although I think I would need to go three times a week for a year before the edge was lost for me, lol, would like to have tried the butchers, wish I did now.. :-\

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
That first experience was the best, yet no matter how many times we go, and for many years too, we still get a frisson of excitement! We mainly go at lunch time (and often end up staying all afternoon!) We still enjoy the odd evening there too, a bright, colourful and noisy experience! Great for people watching. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf