Author Topic: A ray of..........  (Read 3711 times)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
A ray of..........
« on: September 05, 2014, 23:16:52 PM »
At last!!!

After six months of intensive (and still ongoing Chemo) for Avian TB, my NHS consultant said today, "Yes, you are now recovering". My reply was, "Does that mean I can now fly back home to Tuzla in Fethiye?"He agreed but with the caveat that I was to continue with the meds and come back to see him after two months.

So, our flights are booked with TC for 23rd Sept and return 3 weeks later. Can't wait!!! We lost the whole Summer down to this damn bug, can't wait to get a swim down at Gemiler.

One thing that does concern me is that we will have been in UK for over six months and I am sure I read somewhere on the forum that a member had a problem when coming into Dalaman after that period because there was a residency problem. We have another year to run on our Kimlik. Should we get an e-visa just in case??

Really looking forward to getting back home and our cat which neighbours have valiantly fed for this whole time. But will he remember us??? Also, will there be any of those huge luscious peaches left??

TC  :D :D

Offline Marggie

Re: A ray of..........
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:55:06 AM »
Good to hear you are on the mend.  As I understand it, you can be out of Turkey indefinitely on the Blue Book residency without problems.  At the moment you can still get an e-visa at Dalaman if you get somebody misinterpreting the rules.

Yes, there are still plenty peaches around at the moment.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:26:19 AM »
Don't know you but it's always good to hear news like this, so good luck. And I'm sure your cat will remember you, although it may be off with you for a while,lol x

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »
Good that things have/are improving for you, I'm sure coming back to Turkey will help also.  8)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
A ray of..........
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »
Our vet told us once that cats have no sense of time, although how he knows that I'm not sure!
I have read that you can't be out for more than 6 months, they don't seem to take too much notice of the book when we come in and out, but having said that, if they work it out retrospectively you could have problems/ fines etc
If it was me I would be up front at the passport control, show them the date and ask 'visa lazım mı? ( pronounced lazoom murr )
And worst case scenario it costs you 20 quid, but you'll be legally back in your beloved Turkey.
Good luck, hope you continue to get better and enjoy being back, cats are fickle, give it some tuna and it will love you again.
X

Offline patrice

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 08:30:09 AM »
Good luck Tuzlachap and I hope your health continues to improve   ;)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
Glad to hear you are on the mend x

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 15:42:06 PM »
Very pleased to hear your good news  tuzlachap. Just being back where you WANT to be will aid your recovery.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 16:31:26 PM »
Great to see your name back on CBF again TC. Sorry to hear of your health problems and glad to see you are fighting back - bleedin' birds innit :D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 22:59:23 PM »
Great news Tuzla Chap. Bet you can't wait to be back  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf