Author Topic: where has everyone gone  (Read 9143 times)

Offline shuttle

where has everyone gone
« on: November 28, 2014, 15:29:08 PM »
Good afternoon members.
I have been a member on this forum for quite some time now and still enjoy reading fellows members posts, and have over time received the right answers to some of my
questions.
But the Forum used to be buzzing with loads of posts and now its seems that the numbers have seriously gone down and I wondered if I dare ask if there is another Forum where so many have switched
to or are there now fewer ex pats in the area.

Thanks

Shuttle

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Re: where has everyone gone
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 16:19:26 PM »
I'm still here

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 16:20:17 PM »
Still here ... Over.  Some people seem to reference the whole world around Chimp Book unfortunately, and have forgotten about sites like CBF, but what we may not have in large volumes, we more than make up on in quality, and the absence of dullard people away at FB also enhances these pages too.

Will try to post an interesting and/or amusing post soon, but I am very busy here with all the usual winter fun, like quizzes, eating in, eating out, meeting people, some maintenence work.  There just does not seem to be enough hours in the day.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 16:55:57 PM »
Still watching from afar !!! having a year out back in the Uk  but still watching with interest   :)  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 17:24:58 PM »
I am watching from Amsterdam today.   All the travel Forums are quite this time of year T.A. is the same.  People are not thinking of holidays at the moment, they are thinking of Christmas.   ;)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 17:55:54 PM »
All us die hards are still here, though maybe not so much to talk about at the moment. Personally we've just been busy decorating the lounge - fresh sunshine yellow, to cheer up the winter blues.

You always get a flurry of posts when there's a problem, new rules for RP for example and when folks have family and friends coming - where to take them this time etc. The long termers tend to settle in for a quiet life in the winter months.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 18:45:25 PM »
November is always way quieter than October - I guess as the season ends and there are less people over there, and less still going soon. December is quieter still and then it starts slowly each month from January right through to the summer.

It's also true that Facebook has taken a large chunk of our topics. Sadly many of the photos of local scenes, incidents and events are posted by CBF members to Facebook and not to CBF anymore.

As I said not so long ago, one day the internet will be basically Google, Facebook and Amazon - and CBF along with millions of websites will be something to reminisce about. That's a shame but to me clearly inevitable. Good luck to the local charities in getting fund raising support from any of those websites.

Nothing makes people post more than people posting - and nothing stops people posting more than seeing very few posts. Simple as that. So maybe the next time someone sees a funny scene in Fethiye or a lovely sunset in Calis and puts photos of it on Facebook and not on here, the end draws closer.

After 10 years I think maybe we're drawing to a close - and 10 years ago I'd have been over the moon to hear we'd last a whole decade  :)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 19:17:28 PM »
I was quite surprised to see only 7 posts in the last 24hrs earlier today.
P.S. are we still allowed to contribute after we move to Deliktas tomorrow ?   ;)
Sorry Calis - we found you far too quiet out of season  :(

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 19:25:15 PM »
Hello i am still here sorry about that . ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 19:38:53 PM »
Use it or lose it.    Simples.      Get posting.

Apologies accepted Lance    ;D ;D   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf