Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 4649 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
End of an Era
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:51:35 AM »
So sad to hear the news that the whole strip of Restaurants in Fethiye, from the kismet to the agora is to be demolished. I had been told of this approx. a month ago from my good friends Figo and Selma who have the Melodi restaurant, I have known them for over 17 years now and was the 1st place we went in when we came to Fethiye, full English of course, I was just a tourist then and knew no better, prefer Turkish breakfast now. Selma and figo says they are going to open a restaurant in Koca Calis later so looks like that area will be something new soon, so will wish them and the other owners, tenants etc all the best. ps the powers that be have already started demolishing the buildings behind the strip. :(

Offline janmack

Re: End of an Era
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »
Really sorry to read this.  Any idea what they propose to do with the land?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
No idea Janmack, but this is Turkey, if they leave it as long as they are leaving the unfinished roads here in Calis it will be an eyesore.

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
Yes Val of Vals bar moved out, a while ago from the row,

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »
The card shop is moving up onto the back road - the one way system.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 18:14:19 PM »
So sad read this we only discovered that bit this June we stopped at the Kismet Bar and loved it, what a shame for everyone  :(

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 21:35:34 PM »
Such a shame because even if the bar and restaurant owners open in another place, the atmosphere isn't the same.  The whole world is changing and perhaps getting older makes you see some things in a different light and some things we just want to remain the same.  Fickle?  I wish everyone who is being disrupted 'all the best for the future'.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
The buildings are being demolished because they are unsafe due to earth quack damage.If you look at them you can see they are leaning to one side( not good) I am sure that there will be new places built as the location is fantastic.I hope that when it is completed the old  tenants have a chance to re open there and the rent prices have not trebled.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 10:01:37 AM »
There is no such thing as loyalty to old tenants mac, you can be almost certain that if they put new buildings there the rents will be a lot more than they were,( and as Ian from the Kismet has already said the landlords will be compensated for the loss of their property, but the tenants get nothing, no matter how long they have rented the place. :(

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 15:52:45 PM »
So sad to read this I have know figo and Selma for 20 years now and always go in to there restaurant when im out in turkey,but im pleased that they are opening a place in koca calis as my villa is down there,do you or anyone one know where there new place will be?as that's good news for us and all our Turkish friends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf