Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 4648 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: End of an Era
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 22:23:25 PM »
So sad to hear the news that the whole strip of Restaurants in Fethiye, from the kismet to the agora is to be demolished. I had been told of this approx. a month ago from my good friends Figo and Selma who have the Melodi restaurant, I have known them for over 17 years now and was the 1st place we went in when we came to Fethiye, full English of course, I was just a tourist then and knew no better, prefer Turkish breakfast now. Selma and figo says they are going to open a restaurant in Koca Calis later so looks like that area will be something new soon, so will wish them and the other owners, tenants etc all the best. ps the powers that be have already started demolishing the buildings behind the strip. :(
Lorraine & I first met Fikret ( Figo ) & Selma in 2000, & have become extremely good friends over the intervening years, 2 of the most genuinely friendly people we have ever had the privilege to meet. Figo told us last year , 2013, that they had their minds set on a move to Koca Calis, as they were very untrustworthy of the Belediye's indecision & ever changing plans / ideas regarding the earthquake damaged properties on Ugur Mumcu Parki. Lorraine & I wish them every success whenever & wherever they move to.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: End of an Era
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 06:23:42 AM »
Don't know where figo and Selma are going to be exactly yet Mickey. but I always pop in and see them when im in Fethiye, and figo is a friend on facebook too, i don't know much about koka calis either but I will definitely be there when Selma and figo are.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf