Author Topic: All change at the Sundial  (Read 11224 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: All change at the Sundial
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 16:33:48 PM »
We have been going to the Sundial for years,Murat and his staff bland ? Are you sure you are talking about the same people and the food has always been good for us

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 16:42:06 PM »
Everybody's experiences are different.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 17:29:23 PM »
We rang and booked a room and meal. Phil told Murat it was our Wedding Anniversary.  We arrived and after a search found someone to take us to our room. After the surprise of seeing the room, we decided to go and get a drink.  We went for a drink and Murat looked over and said Hello. That is all he said to us the whole time we were there.  He did not come near us to ask if we enjoyed the meal or have any conversation.  The staff we found were the same.  Next morning for breakfast, we got the same cold reception, this time Murat ignored us. Most places you go in Turkey everyone speaks to you this place left a bad taste.  We decided never to return.
Just as an example.  We booked a table at the Ada Restaurant the next year for our Anniversary. The guy on the phone asked if it was a special occasion and Phil said it was our Anniversary.
When we arrive at the Ada, the Manager came out to speak to us and was a lovely man.  The waiting staff were very friendly and chatty.  We were really surprised at the end of our main when the staff came out with a cake decoration with Happy Anniversary it also had sparklers and candles.  We had some of the cake and the put it in a doggy bag for us to take home.  The Manager then came out and sat and had a long conversation with us. We said it was getting late, but he would not hear of us leaving even though we had paid the bill. He ordered us coffee.  We had such a good time and would not hesitate to go back. 
This was the difference we found in two establishments.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »
I agree that the Sundial has the most fabulous location.... we have visited it twice- each time we have had a pleasant evening but due more the outstanding views than about the food which was average.

We have known Erol from Sea Breeze for many years he has a real eye for detail and the food at the hotel has always been of a high standard so we look forward to visiting next year!

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »
The Chalets badly need upgrading.  We stayed in one last year as it was our anniversary.   The Chalet was very rundown.  There was a large room with a part kitchen and a settee.  A shower room and a bedroom with a very hard bed.  The whole place was really basic very tatty and old fashioned. There was a cockroach in the bedroom which Phil killed, I know this can happen anywhere, but I worried there could be other cockroaches in the place.
We were charged £50.00 for one night.  For this sort of accommodation we really felt this was a rip off.

If you were so dissatisfied with the room when you first saw it, and thought that the price was extortionate for what you were getting, why did you stay the night?  Surely, you could have availed yourself of their free transport home and not paid for the room or asked to see something superior, if they had it.  I think it is a shame that you appear to have an axe to grind with this establishment, and it has been ground on numerous occasions. :( 

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
You can visit a restaurant many times and have a nice meal but then another time it's not up to the usual standard. Jaqui had a average meal etc and was informing people of her experience. Stop giving her a hard time for daring to have an opinion!!  >:(

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »
Well said rusty
Jacqui's regular snipers are wasting their time.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »
We shall see. If the subject was on "Just a Minute" it would get done for repetition!  :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 14:03:04 PM »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 18:09:25 PM »
Firstly, Nick we had our own car, but I have read that the owner will only transport 3 or more people. Secondly, we would not have asked to see a more superior room because if this room is what was available for £50, goodness knows what a superior one would have cost.
Thirdly, It was our Wedding Anniversary, the night had been looked forward to.  We did not want to have an argument on that night and decided to make the best of it, have a few drinks then shower and change for dinner as we really thought the dinner was going to be something special and would make up for our disappointment.
I realise there are people on this Forum who are friends with the owner and enjoyed their time at the Sundial,  sunbathing, swimming and eating and I am sure the owner made friends with these regulars.  However, I am speaking as we found the place and making no exaggeration.  I am sorry if it makes the regulars unhappy.  Lets hope the new owner, who sounds very good will make a better effort with strangers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf