Author Topic: All change at the Sundial  (Read 11225 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: All change at the Sundial
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 18:45:26 PM »
See!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 19:43:07 PM »
Yep.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 07:19:52 AM »
Firstly, Nick we had our own car, but I have read that the owner will only transport 3 or more people. Secondly, we would not have asked to see a more superior room because if this room is what was available for £50, goodness knows what a superior one would have cost.
Thirdly, It was our Wedding Anniversary, the night had been looked forward to.  We did not want to have an argument on that night and decided to make the best of it, have a few drinks then shower and change for dinner as we really thought the dinner was going to be something special and would make up for our disappointment.
I realise there are people on this Forum who are friends with the owner and enjoyed their time at the Sundial,  sunbathing, swimming and eating and I am sure the owner made friends with these regulars.  However, I am speaking as we found the place and making no exaggeration.  I am sorry if it makes the regulars unhappy.  Lets hope the new owner, who sounds very good will make a better effort with strangers.
Well said Jacqui, Just watch out for those Snipers, I too know what its like to be in the sights of some CBF people.  ;)

Offline davybill

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »
A group of our friends went for a meal at the sundial,and didn't enjoy their meals,
So as you find in Turkey, swings and roundabouts,

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 17:38:17 PM »
Murat still isn't bland....but everyone's experiences of a place are different and all views have to be respected... I have lost track of the reviews on here or by friends over there recommending a place  to stay or too eat only to be disappointed. So if Jacqui wasn't happy she is perfectly entitled to say so without being insulted... Come to think of it are the usual suspects who do pour scorn on just about every post she makes even know Jacqui?  have they met her?... Probably not.. Well I have and she is one of the nicest, kindest and most generous women on here.  Always first to jump in to help the charities. Not just but in The UK as well so please give it a rest.. I am not the only one who has noticed the sniping. Its easy to target someone on the internet..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 18:05:50 PM by mercury »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 18:35:31 PM »
Well said Anne.

I want to enjoy the Forum, the sniping spoils it for me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 19:10:35 PM »
If the people who continually jump in to pull JH up on her personal opinions put their efforts into something positive, like she does, everyone would win.

As Anne said, you all have a very clear idea of who Jacqui is, what type of person she is and the like. I can tell you, should you ever get the chance to meet her, you'll realise just how far wrong you are.

Having an opinion is all well and good, it's being able to accept another person's different view to yours that is the skill.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 21:34:11 PM »
Well said, I'm sick of the sniping she gets too. I've met Jacqui, she's lovely and entitled to have her say.
On the subject of the Subdial, I've been many times, Murat has never spoken to me, in fact most of the staff seem to just speak to each other at the bar, the meals have always been no more than average.
The night before our wedding my whole family and I went and mum had the driest bolognaise of her life and everything else was just ok.
And the coffee is undrinkable.
I've never understood the hype, but love it for the view.
I'm looking forward to a change of management.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 21:37:20 PM »
Whether or not Jacqui is a big contributor to charities1 is in some respects irrelevant in this context in my opinion.

She is entitled to her opinion – pure and simply.

The thing that gets me about the people who snipe at her is that they do so purely for the sake of it. They are not interested in her opinion. All they are interested in is posting a snide remark.

I have only met JH once and even then for a very short time so I cannot say that I “know” her. What I do know is the she has the great quality of not letting herself sink to the level of her detractors on here.

1Jacqui Harvey has always, along with others, been a huge contributor to charity stuff I do on here and I know that she contributes greatly to the Charity Auction as well as other events.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 21:58:03 PM »
Not to turn this into the JH fan club but  ;)

If only certain members realised who is winding who up sometimes :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf