Author Topic: E Visa again  (Read 4762 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
E Visa again
« on: January 31, 2015, 14:20:31 PM »
I think this question has been answered before but I can't find it. :( :(

If one enters on an E Visa and stays the full 90 days then leaves how soon can they return again?

Don

Offline Wagon Wheels

• Newly Registered
Re: E Visa again
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 14:30:31 PM »
The e-visa last 180days from the day you enter the country.  If you have used up you 90 days, you will have to wait another 90days until you can return.

sharon

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 15:46:31 PM »
I too am interested in the answer to this as still so much confusion over the visa situation...
Do you defo have to stay out of Turkey for 90 days if you have had a total of 90 days stay, iv been told you can have visas that overlap though have not done this myself.
Can u not just buy another E visa?
Doh have just realised if you have used your 90 days then the visa will still have 90 days left on it...

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 18:55:35 PM »
You can have 2 visas that overlap, but the key point is that in any 180 days, you can only be in Turkey for 90 days, rendering how much time you have left on your visa i(assuming you have been in Turkey for 90 days already) immaterial.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the replies, can't like as my like button does not work.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »
Just an idea I have practically gone through every scenario possible re the visa against residency situation (we would not be able to afford the 400tl for us both if we went down the residency route)I bought my second evisa last year and then went to Turkey later then planned (only by a matter of days not weeks or months) and all was fine re passport control.could you not buy the evisa on line then enter Turkey on say day 95 have your nearly 90 days and then repurchase a new visa?  ;)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:25:01 AM »
As thekeyclan says, the key bit is 90 days in the previous 180

So yes, you could have overlapping visas - you might have one from Jan 1 - June 30, for simplicity's sake, and only spend 60 days in Turkey in that time.
But your final trip is from June 15 to August 16, so you'd need a second visa to cover your time here from July 1 to departure.

But when you leave on August 16, you can't have been in Turkey for more than 90 days, counting backwards 180 days (would be to around Feb 18, I think).

At least, that's how I understand it....

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »
That's exactly how I read it also WordBird.

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 12:13:41 PM »
I agree Wordbird.... Always count back the day you " leave" the country 180 days....having stayed in the country no more than 90 days. This way you can do 6 weeks January....6 weeks May...6 weeks September....if we get fined October I'll let you know... The e visa is a document to allow you to be in the country as was the £10 entry fee. That's my perception...don't take it as gospel.... By the way the weathers great!!  8)

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 21:25:44 PM »
I too have been interested in the evisa rules, which I have read a couple of times and understand the points mentioned, although it is still confusing, especially if the time you want to spend in Turkey on one of your stays overlaps the 90 over 180 day rule, that is that your next stay is towards the end of the 180 day limit, but laps over into the next 180 days.. I had thought this would require the purchase of a new visa by exiting the country and returning. Think I am making sense here. So how would the overlapping visas work if you are still within your 180 day limit whilst on holiday in Turkey, but  during your holiday you have reached your 90 day limit and there is a crossover into the next 180 days - I am interested since we have an issue of wanting to take a holiday that does the latter.
Really hope I have made myself clear in what I am trying to say!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf