Author Topic: Georges in Calis  (Read 10337 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Georges in Calis
« on: May 18, 2015, 16:18:55 PM »
We have never eaten in Georges despite living there and visiting for  total if 9 years... Anyone tried it this year? What is the menu like?   Yes I know) cardboard with writing on...

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Georges in Calis
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 18:32:27 PM »
We've eaten there sevearl times and enjoyed it. It a firm favourite of Jacqui Harvey's. She'll tell you better as she eats there often. x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 19:37:42 PM »
We have eaten there twice since we arrived.  Menu is very good and the Chef, Hussein,has been with them for about 10 years now.   My absolute favourite meal is their Chicken Topkapi. 
We noted this last week that a lot of the restaurants were quite empty, but Georges as usual was full. Last night Serkul 1 had two tables of people and Serkul 2 had one.  Georges was full.  Only a handful of people in Enya too.  Think it is because Georges gets repeat business every year as unlike other restaurants, it has always been there unchanged for a long time  and is consistently good.
They have the puffy bread (Lavash) with butter and two mezes for free to start with.  Also cay or coffee free at the end of the meal and a small shot of banana liqueur.   Our meal last night with two rounds of drinks was  110.00 lira as I recall.   
Next year they are having a re-build of the place, with an upstairs terrace and six letting bedrooms. 
Give it a try, you will not be disapointed.

Offline An Idiot Abroad

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
My family have eaten there many time, this summer being the most recent and we all love it! A great menu with something for everyone and the food is brilliant! Believe it or not it is one of my favourites for the quality of food! I definitely recommend it!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 19:07:38 PM »
We too csn vouch fir Georges just esten here for the first time in 9 years and had a lovely meal and great service...
Derek tried your favourite Jacqui the chichen topiyaki and said it was one of the best meals he has had since coming here, i had the Mexican chicken and it was lovely...
Thank you for the recommendation will defo be eating here again  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 20:46:36 PM »
Yes, Phil had the Mexican Chicken last night and loved it. George's was so busy and yet Enya next door was empty.   Had anothr great meal with lovely staff, glad to be back.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 06:44:41 AM »
So you had 2 dinners last night then Jacqui,   ;) did you have dinner in Georges while you were waiting 25 mins for a table at the meeting point, I have to admire you, you are either very patriotic  to those restaurants or you have one hell of an appetite    ;) :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »
No Des, as I said it was "last night" in Georges  and tonight in The Meeting Point    ;)
We always have our first dinner in George's when we arrive.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:58:47 AM »
That's ok then Jacqui, you,re set in your ways then   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:42:52 AM »
Is The Eyna doing meals at night again this year? We spent most evenings there after we had eaten in other restaurants. It was usually packed but later on and until Georges had long closed... They had decided it was better this way..
It is a busy place during the day for breakfasts and coffee. Cold drinks and snacks.. etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf