Author Topic: Thermo construction block  (Read 23921 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
Thermo construction block
« on: May 21, 2015, 22:59:25 PM »
Can anyone help please.

We are looking at a house that has been constructed using 19 Luke isi block
My research suggests that that these are a thermal block.
Does anyone have any experience of using or having these in the properties, if so how good or bad are they ?

Eric you were right these are a terracotta block that you see during construction.

Thank you in advance for your help

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 23:13:37 PM by Yoshi »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thermo construction block
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 23:12:13 PM »
I can't help Yoshi and forgive me, but how will you know that the house was constructed using 19 Luke isi block.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 23:19:42 PM »
Well it's difficult, we only have the builders word and photos of the build to go by but the company are prepared to include it in the buying contact to include a full refund if the villa is seen not to comply in the future.

Because the build is almost complete, it is the same as buying a resale who knows what your buying !

Offline Honey Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 23:30:18 PM »
Email me marshallcolin2@gmail.com

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 23:34:23 PM »
Well it's difficult, we only have the builders word and photos of the build to go by but the company are prepared to include it in the buying contact to include a full refund if the villa is seen not to comply in the future.

Because the build is almost complete, it is the same as buying a resale who knows what your buying !

You are obviously approaching your previous thread from a different angle Yoshi !! ....With that in mind, you just carry on taking the word of your Turkish builder, rather than extremely experienced British owners, / ex-owners,  with regards to the materials SUPPOSEDLY  used to build your new home, then when you have chased him all over Turkey, in order  to take him to court, once he has buggered off with your hard -earned, you will very soon discover that the contract for a " full refund " ( in Turkey ?, now there's another oxymoron !!  ), IS definitely worth the paper that it was written on, no more , no less, just the value of the paper !!!!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 00:09:21 AM »
Thermal building blocks, the strange way they build, it is not unusual to see them using thermal blocks but not really built to the standard of insulating.
First the mandatory steel and concrete shell and platform, then the thermal blocks are laid between the shell apertures, no cavity walls and no insulation.  the blocks are then usually render over with cement to a rough or smooth finish, then painted.  Yes the property has thermal blocks, but absolutely useless with out a cavity wall or insulation between. 
There was one company that had started to use cavity walls and infilled with insulation, this was ack in 2004/5 they had to stop this process as it was far to expensive. 
Your property probably has got thermal blocks, the contract is not lying, you have not a case for them to answer.  You WILL be cold.

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 05:44:21 AM »
Dear Yoshi- on this forum are people from all different walks of life with different backgrounds etc. Most of the time members can't agree on anything, even the colour of the sky.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though. But, a lot have been through the experience of buying/ renting properties out here and you can see from your two threads that there is a united consensus all essentially telling you the same thing.

STOP AND TAKE STOCK. SEEK INDEPENDENT ADVICE. CONSIDER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. PUT YOUR BEST BUSINESS HEAD ON. TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A PINCH OF SALT UNTIL YOU HAVE DEFINITE PROOF ETC. ETC...

Caveat emptor.

p.s. has your avatar anything to do with Yoshimura exhausts?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:10:14 AM »
I would rent in the Winter and not buy if I where you.  This will give you an idea of whether you want to stay in Uzumlu and buy.   I know there is a big ex-pat community up there and they all seem to enjoy the place.
However, you are a lot high up in the mountains than down in Fethiye or Calis, so it will be colder.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »
My place in Hisaronu was constructed with two courses of terracotta blocks with a cavity filled with 1 inch Polystyrene sheet.

But this was purely because the two partners having them built intended to live in two of them full time so everything was

done to a higher standard.But all the floors are marble so I think this would cancel out any benefit of the walls construction. 

Offline mac2010

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
If you are unsure about the building quality or the materials used in its construction I would suggest that you find a local trustworthy builder and pay for his time to look over the property for you.I am sure many on here can recommend one.What ever it costs to have his report will be far less than anything else if  issues  are found later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf