Author Topic: Quad Bike Accident  (Read 5282 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: Quad Bike Accident
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »
Hi Jacqui, what is TA please? I googled it but nothing came up. :( :(

Offline philrose

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »
Trip Advisor

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »
It amazes me how many posts you see from people worried about coming to this part of the world simply because Turkey is next door to Syria, and even consider cancelling their holidays, yet then come and hire these machines when there are so many accidents.

We were up by Doctor Tolga's in Hisaronu a few days ago when a young girl was pretty much carried in by her friends, she'd come off one and had cuts/grazes all down her arm and leg on one side. (Fortunately she was more panicked and covered in blood than seriously hurt.) No helmet, had just thought it would be a laugh to hire one.....

Also read a post recently from someone whose uncle (I think) had used a false licence to hire one as he didn't hold the correct licence himself and was then incensed after it ended up over a cliff (luckily he didn't) and the hire company insisted he pay for the quad bike before they'd release his passport, which it seems they took presumably for some kind of security.

I don't know if this is the same case you mentioned,Fabian, but in my view they were perfectly entitled to expect the guy to pay for the quad as he'd given false information to hire it!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 13:51:24 PM »
Ref the guy who died.  I found out on the net that his Mother paid for his medi-vac home.  It was just under £20,000 and this was merely for the flight and no other medical charges etc.,  He died at home in Wales on 21st June.   He was a 52 year old lorry driver.  His wife and son did have a Facebook Page to raise £32,000 which was the total of all expenses and donations had been made.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 19:33:41 PM »
I remember the same sort of situation arising when a young man had an accident on a scooter. He sustained brain damage and the cost of flying him home with the necessary medical attendants amounted to over £40,000.

We were recently having a meal at the Seashell restaurant on the upper road in Ovacik and there were young women flying past on scooters wearing only t- -shirts and shorts with no helmets. I dread to think of the injuries that they would receive if they fell off or were in an accident.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf