Author Topic: MacMillan charity  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Firo

MacMillan charity
« on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »
Shamelessly pushing this now so please pledge some money to MacMillan Cancer and help Eric achieve his target for them.
He is running the Great North Run on Sunday 13th Sept and then 3 weeks later he is doing the Cardiff Half Marathon, all monies are being donated to MacMillan. Thanks in anticipation that a few more of you will help such a worthy cause.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=EricRobson

Offline Eric

Re: MacMillan charity
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 18:21:57 PM »
Thanks Jacqui and Phil Harvey for your generous donations.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 19:55:44 PM »
Thank you Marina for your generous donation.  :-*

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 20:06:20 PM »
You are more than welcome Eric. A very worthwhile cause that we all hope we won't need to call on but sadly many of us do.

Thanks also to Firo for pushing this again, I must have missed it first time round   :-\

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 21:02:17 PM »
Final long training run before the two half marathons.  This training run was a half marathon itself.  A bit warm, 27 degrees at start (06.15) and 30 degrees at end.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/1149333705

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 15:25:17 PM »
Thank you everyone for your many good wishes. I have had very limited internet access over the past 10 days. I really enjoyed this years run and improved upon last years time, but not as good as I could have done because of lots of people walking!
I have had my results notification from the GNR which I am very pleased about. In my age and gender group I was 802nd, which considering the number of runners, I am very pleased about. I was the 18,718th male to cross the finish line, and overall finished 29,750. I know stats can show all sorts of things, but I am happy with these considering there were over 57,000 runners.
Once again thanks to all of you. One down, one more to go. Cardiff Half Marathon on 4th October. Should do better there as the route is flatter.
Oh, and I was only an hour and a half behind Mo.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 15:46:31 PM »
Connolly?

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 16:36:23 PM »

Offline Eric

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 00:40:37 AM »
Big thank you to Brenda and Jeff singleton, Dave (Faymoore), and Moya and Jim Ashhurst (cleopatrasasp) for your generous donations. One week to go until the second half marathon, training is good, running is good, fundraising is great and it is going to be great fun. Thank you all on behalf of Mac'Millan cancer support. Internet acces is limited so will let you know final results when I next get online.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf