Author Topic: exchange rate in Turkey  (Read 20404 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: exchange rate in Turkey
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »
Got 4.35 at the money changers in Fethiye this morning. The one on the corner at the start of the one way system just down from friend "Conin".

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 23:18:00 PM »
Thank you Highlander for taking the time to explain the "tactic" to me, i get it now you have broken it down for me thieving little what name  >:(

Offline GrantT

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 00:04:17 AM »
So jacqui you would rather get 4.30 than 4.310 (page 3 of thread ) ?? I used to use this guy if he was offering a better rate. He has a calculator on his desk for you to use and I counted the money before I left, and I found it difficult to see how you could be conned. I've since stopped using him however as I accepted he was conning others so thought it was wrong to support his antics, but that post kind of makes me give up. I still won't use him for the sake of others though.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:06 AM »
Got 4.35 at the money changers in Fethiye this morning. The one on the corner at the start of the one way system just down from friend "Conin".

Dikmen Doviz. Been about for years and as straight as you'll get.

Couple of years ago our girls changed a few hundred quid (they were planning to do their shopping) and one of them left a bluey behind. Neither noticed.

That night I was passing by and the little guy with the moustache chased me down Carsi Cad to give me it back.   It was quite funny as he talks very quickly and neither of us could make out what he was saying, but happily accepted the lira he gave us.  By the time we'd worked out what it was Levent in Car Cem had trousered it for our bill!

Gave it back later, just in time for the assorted children who were with us that time to pay our bill at MB.  Lazy old so and so who owns it will remember it as the night of the yellow kettle  ;)

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
So jacqui you would rather get 4.30 than 4.310 (page 3 of thread ) ?? I used to use this guy if he was offering a better rate. He has a calculator on his desk for you to use and I counted the money before I left, and I found it difficult to see how you could be conned. I've since stopped using him however as I accepted he was conning others so thought it was wrong to support his antics, but that post kind of makes me give up. I still won't use him for the sake of others though.

Sorry, missed a point out 4.3.10.    I think we both knew that Grant.  Highlander also explained how the guy works.   
However, how could he offer a better rate than the Banks and Exchange Offices ??   
"posts of this kind make you give up"  Come on Grant, man up, there are bigger things than this to worry about.   Such as why you found it difficult to see how he cons people, when most of the regulars on here know very well how he does it. 

Offline GrantT

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2015, 14:54:56 PM »
No need to be rude with the man up stuff Jacqui. Of course there are more important things but you posted on this and probably confused people even more so as it's an open forum I can point that out if I wish. If after reading the explanations and contributing to this thread you still think 4.30 is better than 4.3.10 wherever you put the dec place, then yes there is a point where you have to give up, and I think we both knew that's what I meant. I hardly meant giving up on life  :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2015, 14:58:41 PM »
Of course you are right about the exchange rate Grant. But you won't get JH to back down.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2015, 15:33:31 PM »
Yes, I learned everything I know from Colwyn, who is always right.

Grant,  "H" has explained it, no one is confused, we all know about Colin, he is a crook and you knew too, as you stopped using him, because you say you read he was dishonest. He is also breaking the law, which should another good reason for not using him.   
I am sure the posts  here on CB about Colin go back years and years and there are regular warnings every year. and as you have been a member for 9 years I am sure you are well aware the way Colin operaties.
I am very sorry if you have been confused,  Maths is not my strong point, so I made a mistake,  but the real point of these posts is that we keep on letting members know not to use Colin.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 15:44:30 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2015, 15:34:29 PM »
See what I mean?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2015, 15:37:01 PM »

Share me