Author Topic: MRI - letoon? Ocean blue chiropractor? Help!!  (Read 2997 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
MRI - letoon? Ocean blue chiropractor? Help!!
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
Sorry for repeating, I've just posted similar in my sciatica post....but hubby is in so much pain, we are thinking of having a back X-ray or MRI while we are here as he's not scheduled until May in UK.....any help or advice much appreciated.  Perhaps X-ray first and then take results to ocean blue guy!?? Thanks..

Offline lissa

Re: MRI - letoon? Ocean blue chiropractor? Help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
Not sure Letoon has a neurologist, your husband might need to see one. Know that both Esnaf and state hospital in Calis do have. All can do MRI scans, Devlet will be cheaper but maybe more of a wait. Sorry, don't know current cost but sure someone can advise, or maybe give the hospitals a call?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 16:28:15 PM »
My wife had an MRI on her knee at the Esnaf last year. The total cost came to £250 and this included pre and post consultations. The hospital provided a young student to help with any translation problems. Just be advised that the MRI machine seems very busy ie bit like a merry go round with a one off and next one on approach! Hope your man's problems are sorted asap.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 16:42:25 PM »
It was the ESNAF I went to for my sciatica/back problems.  They gave me x ray, couldn't use the MRI as I am too heavy, but I saw the consultant, who recommended 6 weeks of three times a week treatment of heatpads, massage through electric pads and some limited physio and as I reported before it didn't work.  I think the cost of the consultant and the X ray was about 150tl and the heatpad/massage/physio sessions were about 30 or 40tl a time.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 15:54:48 PM »
My mri at the Devlet was done on the same day I walked in & results given that afternoon! Had great service from the interpreter team, way cheaper than any of the private hospitals too.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 17:31:45 PM »
Sue if you do go to the hospital here they will give you your X-rays, test results etc for you to take away with you.

It might save some time back in the U.K. to get that done here.

And maybe your husband can get qualified physio help at the hospital too. The prices sound very competitive.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
We sorted a scan for my MIL who suffered continued pain following a fall in the UK. This was done at Letoon. They discovered a break which went undiscovered in UK, in fact a misdiagnosis in UK led to treatment which only made matters worse. To compound problems the UK doctor dismissed the scan results which were on cd because he could not open the files. Later he rang and apologised because he opened the files and it was a break. The lesson for us - Turkey health care is cheap, prompt and effective. On another occasion picked up a relatives osteoporosis undected in the UK. 

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf