Author Topic: Flight delays  (Read 4987 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Flight delays
« on: April 29, 2016, 15:56:29 PM »

On our last flight out to Turkey we had a 5 hour flight delay due to a faulty sensor on the plane , then a crew changeover.

Thomson's very kindly gave everyone a food voucher for £ 8. 00, the price of an Airport burger, and that was that. I recently

saw a solicitor on a BBC Consumer show talking about flight delay compensation and made a note of his company, found their

website and had an online chat with someone, gave them the relevant details and today my wife and I have each received

Cheques for  £ 214. 00. The solicitors have taken their cut but I am more than happy with my Cheque. Thomson's £ 8. 00

food voucher was an insult.    The solicitors website is  www.bottonline.co.uk

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Flight delays
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 16:10:42 PM »
Great news Kev, the airlines have had too much of their own way for years.Mines an Efes  :D

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 16:36:20 PM »
This link takes you to the 'Moneysavingexpert' website which tells you the process if you want to do it yourself.  :)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 17:05:16 PM »
I tried this last year when we had a 21hr delay and got nowt, reason being was the flight didn't  originate from Europe

Offline lizdev

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 17:38:08 PM »
As AOK says and you get the full amount, no lawyers fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 17:49:45 PM »
I tried this last year when we had a 21hr delay and got nowt, reason being was the flight didn't  originate from Europe
Yep, it only applies to EU flights. So let'e hope we still enjoy it after June 23rd. RyanAir will hope not since they resent such payments and were going to refuse to honour them until the EU told them that would result in RyanAir being banned from flying routes between EU countries. Oops - fast backtracking by RyanAir.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 18:21:24 PM »

If you do it yourself I have been told it's an uphill battle because the Airlines have their own Legal Departments and know you are

on your own with no back up. Botts took 27% plus a £25 flat fee, which they tell you about up front, The Government had £ 36.00

in VAT, even though we had paid Tax on the flights and travel insurance. Our flight was full and there's a fair chance that we're

the only ones that have claimed the compensation they are obliged to give you.   

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 20:05:47 PM »
Leave from Eu or land at eu you have a case. Ha s to be airlines faulg technical or otherwise. it is easy to do it yourself. Dont accept a vouchr insist on payment by cheque  when they make an offer. After a delay we ghot cvompensation at £530 + was able to claim on insurance s well. !£1300 plus paid our flights for next 12 months. having said this does it put uo flight prices if we all do it.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 15:09:48 PM »
So what your saying is if you are delayed leaving the UK you can make a claim but if your delayed leaving dalaman( Turkey) you can't, is that right
Markar
Markar

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 15:11:48 PM »
So what your saying is if you are delayed leaving the UK you can make a claim but if your delayed leaving dalaman( Turkey) you can't, is that right
Markar
Markar
Depends where you are flying. If you are going from Dalaman to the UK, and the UK is still in the EU, you are covered. If you are going out of the EU you aren't.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf