Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38539 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:17 AM »
I would image that many  Property Maintenance Companies, in future, may be offering a service of informing the Authorities of guests.   I know these companies look after properties for people who rent out.  We have a great Property Maintenance Company, we do not rent out our place, but we know our lady looks after properties that do.

Offline Fran

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 09:21:22 AM »
Does a mifi count as a static IP address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely unfortunately. ISP's normally only give static IP addresses to corporate customers. Residential customers router/MiFi will get issued an IP address on a 'lease' basis so, the address your MiFi has now will change at some point depending on how long the ISP leases the address for.
Thank you, so everyone is going to have to use a company to do their registration of guests. I wonder if it's possible for guests to register in person at the police station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
How is it a mess? You take bookings and inform them of the names. No mess.

Well for starters the government bring in new laws which are then filtered down to local areas which we now find out are different again, depending on where you live in the Fethiye region.

We don't have a property management company because we only let close friends and family stay. We pay for cleaners that's all. Therefore in order for us to continue doing this we have to jump through hoops, it will probably cost us money and even then we can't seem to find out what is required.

So that's our cleaner probably losing out on maybe three or four cleans this year (sorry if she is reading this). Local bars and restaurants losing out on 6 or eight people eating and drinking at their establishments and the local shops losing out as well. Multiply that up and the region will lose a fortune.

I understand the need for security but this is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. A far easier and fairer way would have been to add an addendum to the visa, which I am going to complete today, asking where I am staying and stating if I stay at any other address in Turkey over the life of said visa then I have to report that address by completing another addendum.

Then maybe they could concentrate their searches on the homes that are not logged on the system as having someone staying in them.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »
We don't have a property management company because we only let close friends and family stay. We pay for cleaners that's all. Therefore in order for us to continue doing this we have to jump through hoops, it will probably cost us money and even then we can't seem to find out what is required.
--------------------

We have always had a property maintenenance/management company and never rented our place out.   We find Olga at Interturk Estates invaluable.  She checks on our place every few weeks.  She lets us know if there are any problems, If there are she addresses them.  She will pay any bills that come in and always checks our mailbox.  She checks on the gardener and the pool.  She arranges our WIFI.  She gets us some Groceries in when we arrive. She keeps our Turkish mobile when we are away.  If we need any services to the house she will get use contacts. She has the place cleaned and beds changed before we arrive. She arranges for laundry to be done after we leave.   We don't know how we would manage without her.
We would not like to leave our place and not have anyone looking after it for us.     ;)

Offline Inspector

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
Can you register if you haven't got residency or do you still have to set up as a limited company?

If the sitesi set it up, would we have to give them power of attorney?
To register to tax office you dont need to have residency card, your passport and tax number is enough. You have to do tax registration yourself, this can not be done by a power of attorney on behalf of you.

For police system registration it can be done by somebody on behalf of you by power of attorney.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »
Any idea about the Gendarme system yet Inspector?

Offline Inspector

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 12:07:01 PM »
Just a note - it now seems those in Ciftlik and Koca Cali's are in a different system and report to the Jandarma and not the police.

I'm hoping Inspector can explain the difference.
The main rules and the regulations same for police and Jandarma region. The difference is only online ID reporting system.

10 days ago police was asking you to buy a software, now they changed the system and dont ask you to buy or download a software.

For police region you will open a web browser like (internet explorer) connect to system from the web adress given to you. and do the process like accesing your mail account.
Usage of Jandarma system is not clear yet.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »
--------------------

We have always had a property maintenenance/management company and never rented our place out.   We find Olga at Interturk Estates invaluable.  She checks on our place every few weeks.  She lets us know if there are any problems, If there are she addresses them.  She will pay any bills that come in and always checks our mailbox.  She checks on the gardener and the pool.  She arranges our WIFI.  She gets us some Groceries in when we arrive. She keeps our Turkish mobile when we are away.  If we need any services to the house she will get use contacts. She has the place cleaned and beds changed before we arrive. She arranges for laundry to be done after we leave.   We don't know how we would manage without her.
We would not like to leave our place and not have anyone looking after it for us.      ;)

Does she raise the flag as well  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 12:08:37 PM »
Just a note - it now seems those in Ciftlik and Koca Cali's are in a different system and report to the Jandarma and not the police.

I'm hoping Inspector can explain the difference.
The main rules and the regulations same for police and Jandarma region. The difference is only online ID reporting system.

10 days ago police was asking you to buy a software, now they changed the system and dont ask you to buy or download a software.

For police region you will open a web browser like (internet explorer) connect to system from the web adress given to you. and do the process like accesing your mail account.
Usage of Jandarma system is not clear yet.

OK thanks. I think we've given up on this year for now and will probably wait and see how things work out for next year.

Thanks for all your info and help. Much appreciated.

Offline Inspector

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
Hear is the video of police new system.
We asked Fethiye police for the English version of web page and They will inform ankara that English version is asked by foreigners.

Its a web based entry. No need to download a program.

https://youtu.be/AFE_hNwbA7k

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf