Author Topic: Security at Dalaman  (Read 11250 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Security at Dalaman
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 17:36:46 PM »
I was told that maybe we might know someone who works in the airport who could give us something to blow the plane up.  (Manchester airport security staff)

Hopefully airport staff are subjected to rigorous security checks as well.

You'd think that wouldn't you.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 17:38:05 PM »
we felt very safe on our holiday return at dalaman airport last week security checks re assured us 100 %.they also during the last check upon boarding upon the swab test picked up my very strong morphine patch that I have to wear on my upper body I just showed them a letter from my consultant  [ in part Turkish I must add ] and I was then given the ok to board.

HOWEVER upon landing at Gatwick at 4 pm  with hundreds of people around not once during our exit did we see a single polceman  no security no nothing in the arrivals / meet area , we were glad to get off the airport in our car as we did not feel safe at all

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 17:52:44 PM »
HOWEVER upon landing at Gatwick at 4 pm  with hundreds of people around not once during our exit did we see a single polceman  no security no nothing in the arrivals / meet area ,,,,

Don't worry. You were definitely being watched.  :)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 22:37:42 PM »
someone else may be able to confirm this but I got the impression that all the international flights were having the extra departure gate checks but not the Turkish internal flights (as they are sharing the terminal at present).

Sorry folks I have no idea how I have managed to repeat my post, when I was trying to modify it!!! and now I cant remove the bloody thing.

I was trying to add that the Turkish internal flights did NOT appear to be having the extra security checks.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 22:52:14 PM by MarKar »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 21:16:36 PM »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 22:04:46 PM »
Why do the tourists on T.A not check the UK Government advice and/or their carrier's policy before they fly.

As far as I know if your device is over a certain size it goes in the hold switched off. End of.

As a tourist do you really need your Ipad for those few hours at the end of your holiday.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 22:15:11 PM »
Why do the tourists on T.A not check the UK Government advice and/or their carrier's policy before they fly.

Because they'd rather have to opinion of a load of mad old codgers on a forum than a load of mad old codgers on a government website.  ;)

Offline davybill

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 10:23:58 AM »
Flying from Birmingham we put our computers in the hold.
when we got to the check in desk, we and others were
told to put them in hand luggage,
Our friends flew out a few days later and were told to put them in their hold luggage,
so you can see why tourists are confused?

Offline Lotty

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »
I put mine in the hold from Luton to Dalaman and had to get them out. Going through at Dalaman coming home was fairly smooth till the last check at the gate where they had 3 flights from our gate causing so much confusion as to which lane to stand in. Then the queues were split into men and women. The rigorous checks took a long time especially for those who just take carry on luggage. They had to take everything out of very stuffed cases and then the security person just shoved it all back in any old how. Our plane was delayed by 30 minutes which wasn't too bad.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
Flying from Birmingham we put our computers in the hold.
when we got to the check in desk, we and others were
told to put them in hand luggage,
Our friends flew out a few days later and were told to put them in their hold luggage,
so you can see why tourists are confused?

When flying from the U.K to Turkey you are allowed to have your electronic equipment in your hand luggage and you can use it on the flight.  Coming back from Turkey to the U.K.  All electronic equipment (apart from phones) must be put into hold luggage and is not allowed in the cabin.   
There is no confusion, these are the rules.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf