Author Topic: Our September Eighteen Review  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our September Eighteen Review
« on: September 22, 2018, 21:17:12 PM »
S is for SMELL. Reported smell from canal gone by the time we arrived. Phew !
E is for ELECTRONIC DEVICES. Absolutely everywhere. I am becoming increasingly guilty !
P is for PEOPLE. As always. Great evenings out with many good friends.
T is for TEMPERATURES. Appreciably higher that other Septembers I remember.
E is for ENGIN (AT THE BROTHERS RESTAURANT). Always gives us a warm welcome even although we don’t go into his restaurant.
M is for MERI BAR. Rapidly becoming a favourite – very tasteful décor, comfortable seating, good music played at a decent volume, attentive staff and really good measures. What’s not to like.
B is for BABZEN RESTAURANT. So different to those on the front. Good food well presented and in such a restful setting. Well worth a visit in my opinion.
E is for ELECTRIC SCOOTERS. Lots about but not so many on the prom for some reason.
R is for RUBBISH. Still a real stain on the resort.

E is for EEGIT. The person (believed to be a man ) who put loo paper down a toilet and worse yet a toilet on a boat.
I is for INCREASED PRICES. We didn’t really notice a huge increase in the cost of an evening out.
G is for GUNISLIK. Surely the best value in town and Senay wrote us a very nice note on the bill just before we left to fly home.
H is for HOTEL. This time was the first in a long time when we have stayed at a hotel as opposed to an apartment. Personal preference is very much for an apartment.
T is for THOMAS COOK. Who managed to managed to delay us by one and a half hours on the way out. Different on the way home thankfully.
E is for ELECTRONIC FACE RECOGNITION. Which for the second time running at Glasgow Airport failed to recognise my face. Perhaps it was the bags under the eyes.
E is for EARLY MORNINGS. Not early mornings getting up but early mornings getting home. There were far too many. I’m too old for those these days.
N is for NUMBERS. It seems that most places are enjoying a very good, if not bumper season which must be a blessing after the previous two years.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Our September Eighteen Review
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »
Great review H - just one point to clarify on increased in prices.
We noticed only a few lira added to cost in some places but based on the exchange rate, we spent almost half of what we usually do and were amazed at the value for money.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
Our fortnight was astonishingly good value for money.  :)  :)  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 20:45:17 PM »
One thing that did annoyed me was the number of times some lunatic in a car or a high powered motorbike tried to get to 60 mph before reaching the A101 Market when starting from a standing start at the traffic lights at the former Dolphin roundabout.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 21:23:02 PM »
And.............

S and M could easily have been for STUPIDITY and MUPPET respectively to describe the action, and the person responsible for putting toilet paper down the toilet. And worse yet on a boat.

The consensus of opinion was that it was a man and if so it was by no means his first visit to Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf