Author Topic: Creepy Barmen/Waiters  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Creepy Barmen/Waiters
« on: November 11, 2018, 16:20:05 PM »
I know better than many the reputation of some of these guys but have never experienced it close to home so to speak, until last month.

We have a long list of 'traditions' in our family especially in regard to our holidays and travels. These are important to us and from the traditional chippy tea on the night before we fly to the traditional chicken doner wrap on the first Sunday of our holiday, etc etc, you get they idea.

One such tradition is that we always go for a refreshing lunchtime drink or two at a well known bar/restaurant in Paspatur. I don't want to name it so let's call it the Puck Dond.

We were enjoying said drink and I ordered another (just one more) and when the waiter brought the second one he sat down with us and was chatting about what he did at university, what he did out of season etc. I know this happens and normally it is all part of being in Turkey but he just went on and on, to the extent that he didn't even look at the customers on the other tables, even once. As the conversation went on it was directed more and more at our daughter and more and more about where he goes and how much she would be welcome to come too. He asked her name and added her on Facebook etc. It ended being quite uncomfortable for her and with that for us too.

We left around 1pm and headed back to Calis on the water taxi. From the moment we left the Facebook messages started. Did you feel the electricity too, I can't stop thinking about you, can I come to your hotel to say goodbye (we were leaving that evening), etc etc etc.

By 4pm she was absolutely drained and irritated by it all and blocked him.

This behaviour is common, I do realise that, but as mentioned never before with our family.

The upshot of it all is we have lost a tradition and they have lost a customer. I'm sure they'll survive.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Creepy Barmen/Waiters
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 23:10:41 PM »
god help us when our twins are older i do not think i would be so polite

Offline maria1949

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 23:16:40 PM »
Don't change your traditional ways, he'll be in a different bar/restaurant next year Keith, you could look at the ducks first to see if the coast is clear 😂

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 23:51:13 PM »
You're probably right Maria. To be honest apart from the usual suspects we know and love each year around Calis & Fethiye, I have no idea if people in these places are there every year or just arrived.

The fact is that we go to our places of choice to relax and enjoy, and if the staff prevent that then what is the point...

I'll have a good look at the ducks next year  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 04:49:49 AM »
They never give up do they! Great that your girlies seem like such sensible well adjusted young women and she blocked the little tweep twerp even...Like others have said dont let it spoil one of your lovely family traditions.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 12:38:43 PM »
We ate there this year Keith and if he’s the tallish slim guy with shirt open to the waist I can say he drooled over every woman/ group of women in there ,sitting at their tables,selfies etc.until they got sick and left.Theowners niece who works there is a very nice lady and was not immune to his advances but very forthright in her response,telling him in no uncertain terms to leave her alone and never to touch her again.
If it’s not that guy it looks like more than one of their staffare a problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 13:02:55 PM »
Yes that sounds pretty much like him.

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 17:36:51 PM »
And, it's probably a good idea to say you aren't on Facebook if someone wants to connect with you until you get to know them really well, there are some pretty weird people out there, you wouldn't want any old creepy barman/waiter checking out your Facebook page.  xx

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 19:35:25 PM »
And, it's probably a good idea to say you aren't on Facebook if someone wants to connect with you until you get to know them really well,

And, don't give out your mobile number or email address.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 21:49:05 PM »
And, it's probably a good idea to say you aren't on Facebook if someone wants to connect with you until you get to know them really well, there are some pretty weird people out there, you wouldn't want any old creepy barman/waiter checking out your Facebook page.  xx

I think she just didn't want to be rude. Problem went away when she blocked him so just sharing the experience on here now.

I do wonder if the owners of these establishments realise how off putting this sort of behaviour can be - here's us not particularly wanting to go back (we're not upset or anxious about it, just  would prefer somewhere where we are left to our own company); but also the knock on effect of this type of intense attention is that tables and tables of other people are upping and leaving because nobody is looking after them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf