Author Topic: More hotels threaten the environment  (Read 6174 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: More hotels threaten the environment
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:34 AM »
Thats quite a lot of development for a small area. Development for Koca Calis has been speculated for as long as I can remember.
Lots of rain around this winter, our caretaker/gardener has sent a video link today and although very wet there's no flooding on Telemessos, we were a bit worried this might happen with some of the lake been filled in , but the canal dredging must of helped.

Yes dredging and keeping open the canal has made a huge difference this year. However filling in and blocking one of the main canals will not end up making things better.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »

Not strictly true of course. I remember putting more than my two penneth in for the dolphins, for example. I supported that 100%. I'm sure I could find other examples but I'm not really that fussed what you think.

I'm sure you aren't, but I am fussed by what you think.

In the early 2000s many people bought in Koca Calis, saying (yourself included) it was destined for bigger things eventually and as an area it was "up and coming", therefore a shrewd investment long term.

Well, here it is, the up and coming is arriving - and now you don't like it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »
p.s. not liking two dolphins being held in a swimming pool doesn't make you an eco warrior.

Offline Fran

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 14:21:51 PM »
You would think that someone would start building again on the site on the prom, that was started about 2-3 yrs ago and then left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve A

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 19:25:44 PM »
Stoop I never suggested filling In All of the canals so dont go off on one.I stated that the canal in question was not a problem as it was probably the dirtiest I have seen in the area so no great loss,never saw anyone on here arguing about the dirty canals in the area and demanding major cleanup etc.
It seems that the concerns are more for people’s property which I get but let’s not go down the environmental concern route when the real reason is damage to properties.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
Stoop I never suggested filling In All of the canals so dont go off on one.I stated that the canal in question was not a problem as it was probably the dirtiest I have seen in the area so no great loss,never saw anyone on here arguing about the dirty canals in the area and demanding major cleanup etc.
It seems that the concerns are more for people’s property which I get but let’s not go down the environmental concern route when the real reason is damage to properties.

The canals are there to take the excess water when the weather gets bad. Anything that blocks them is not a very good idea at all and threatens the local property with flooding.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »
Stoop like I said in my post,your argument is about property damage/value not the environment.
Personally I don’t welcome any more hotels or developments in the Calis area.There are sufficient places and these large concerns do harm the environment,also the overall attraction of the place we have enjoyed over the years.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »
It seems The Residence opening has been delayed until 04/05. People moaning but he who books the first week of a new hotel should really expect this might happen.

Looks lovely

Not sure where they are with the other one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf