Author Topic: Turkish Tutor  (Read 4906 times)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Turkish Tutor
« on: January 23, 2006, 15:41:07 PM »
Hi

We are moving out on 5th Feb.  We need a good turkish tutor as bringing 15 year old daughter that needs turkish before starts school in Sept....Any ideas???

PLEASE

Lesley

Offline sandgrounder

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 15:52:09 PM »
Hi Lesley,

Get in touch with Mahoney from the Bus Stop, he is a qualified teacher :)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Turkish Tutor
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »
hiya

Thanks for that

Lesley

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Turkish Tutor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
Try this one.....Akyali Language School in Fethiye. It is above the Genpa Supermarket near the Olu Deniz roundabout. They run classes at all levels and teach you to read and write the language properly, not just learn parrot fashion phrases. They also do one to one tuition. If you are interested email me and I will give you the phone/fax numbers. :)

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 15:10:36 PM »
thanks too, i will ask my partner to go to BUS STOP for my children Turkish lessons maybe he can help...WEB ADDY FOR BUS STOP ?? I know the NIL BAR, charlie, angel both speak good english, and angels husband, Charlie is married to an english lady, so as he is a good friend of my partners maybe he too can help me...thanks, feel better now...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Tutor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 15:13:14 PM »
Hi Cas

Mahoney isn't at the Bus Stop, this topic is from 2006 - he is at Chinese Breeze but if it's a teacher you are looking for he generally returns to teaching in another part of Turkey after the summer holidays. Is it a school or a tutor you are looking for?

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 18:24:53 PM »
well i am not sure, the children and my self really need to learn turkish, children are 9,10 and 13 so i was thinking of a tutor for a while, til they got to know the language, or maybe a year. The english schools are expensive, and the children cant go to a turkish school without knowing the language, any advice wud b appreciated. thanks, these posts are rather old, i didnt think to look at the date, = NEW MEMBER....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Tutor
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 18:37:47 PM »
Many members will recommend Ilknur (or Rosie as she is known to some) as a private tutor. If you want her to contact you let me know. It won't be a substitute for schooling, which is, as you say, expensive for International. There is a lot to think about when bringing kids.

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 00:12:43 AM »
Yeah thanks that wud b a great help,. have downloaded a recommended free helpful guide, which we looked at tonight, and surprisingly the kids all 3 picked it up rather easily and quickly, so, its a start i guess, and having lived with a family for 2 weeks that also has given them some words to learn,,, and me, so, yeah i think ROSIE wud be a good idea, costs, etc, does she come to the home, once we r in turkey, ? thanks .. serefe Scunner .

Offline cas

Turkish Tutor
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 15:06:01 PM »
I have just returned from Calis, and have spoken to my partner about my kids learning turkish, he said that they will go to an English school in Fethiye, for approx 5 months, depending, and then go to turkish school, but its expensive, i have 3 children,,,so if you have any alternative ideas, keeping the costs to a min, please help me,,if you cud skinner,, get Rosie to email me, then that would be a great help, so i can ask her questions about how she goes about teaching the children, home tutoring maybe, THANKS,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf