Author Topic: Gulet cruise  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Phil

Gulet cruise
« on: May 23, 2006, 16:51:10 PM »
Has any one ever done a mini gulet cruise out of Fethiye ? (Maybe just 3 days ?).We are across with three kids in the summer and thought this might be a good thing to do - any recommendations ??

Offline Tonya

Gulet cruise
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 18:05:47 PM »
I would be interested in this too but wondering what is the minimum age for children?

Offline wallace

Gulet cruise
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:12:42 AM »
We did a 3 day 2 night gulet cruise 3 years ago
we just walked along the front in Fethiye and
negociated had a brilliant time, thoroughly recomended

Carol :)

Offline Phil

Gulet cruise
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »
Any one got any ideas of costs ??  Does any one have any experience of any particular boat ?? How many people are on the boat ??
We are across on July 21st for 2 and half weeks with three boys (18, 13 & 11) and thought we would do this in the 2nd half of the holiday once the sun tan has been topped up. But it would be better if we could buddy up with other families with kids so if any one is ineterested please contact me.

Offline lindi

Gulet cruise
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 21:57:31 PM »
We did the 4 days 3 nights cruise from Fethiye last year.  Price £99 pp.  You can also do 3 days 2 nights.  All meals included but not drinks.  We booked at the harbour and I think the company was called Ocean.  There were 10 of us onboard but the boat could have taken around 16. (8 cabins).  It was an excellent trip and we had a fantastic time.

We have been doing gulet cruises for around 10 years and have never been on one with children, so I think you should check that the younger boys would be ok, although if you can get a couple of families together and have a boat to yourselves then I don't think you will have a problem and I'm sure they would enjoy it and have a great time.

I wouldn't recommend a gulet cruise for small children.

lindi :)

Offline Tonya

Gulet cruise
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 22:07:52 PM »
My two would be 9 and 7 when/if we did it, was just wondering if that was too young for a short cruise like that.

Offline lori

Gulet cruise
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
Hi Phil if you send me a pm I can give you all the details, prices etc.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Gulet cruise
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:12:41 AM »
Have a look at this website www.olymposyachting.com  They sail out of Fethiye and the site gives lots of info. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 07:13:16 AM by tribalelder »

Offline Phil

Gulet cruise
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help - I have now set my heart on doing this in the summer so if any other interested people (with families) want to form a party please contact me.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Gulet cruise
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 22:16:37 PM »
I wish we could!! We did 2 week gulet cruises for many years and absolutely loved it. Best holidays ever. we now have two children aged 2 and 5. We did a one day private gulet trip last year, we "restrained" the 2 year old in her travel cot for the trip (she was only one at the time) but our five year old loved it. She wore a life jacket permanently, and loved it when we moored up so she could jump off the boat into the sea!! She also loved the cabins, and was quite happy lying down there reading and playing with her dolls. She thought the whole thing was a great adventure and I would love to do a three day trip. However we will have to wait until our smallest is at least five. If anyone does know of any gulets that take children, please post it on here, as I would like to know for the future. ta. x
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 22:17:23 PM by sue mac »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf