Author Topic: The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport  (Read 16753 times)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 05:28:54 AM »
dont forget to borrow the knife and fork salt , peper and a few napkins too...lol

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 07:31:20 AM »
WW, while you are getting your chicken, you might as well go inside the shop and get a fresh loaf and a portion of pickles then you can have a really good feed at the airport!
Pete [^]

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 19:15:23 PM »
Hey Canalman, that really is a good idea.

WW

Offline markcromp

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 01:08:51 AM »
I first came to Turkey in 1979, been all over, right out to Ararat. I have been around fethiye for my hols several times in the last few years but this year i'm looking for a resort that involves flights through Izmir because I refuse to end a holiday in the banditry and chaos of Dalaman airport. I can be the only person who thinks the same way.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 02:29:45 AM »
Just a bit of forward planning is needed. I think you're taking things a bit too far.  ALL airports have horrendous prices, not just Dalaman.

We take about 8 litres of water & soft drinks & collect 2 half bread chicken kebabs @ 2.5YTL each on the way to the pick-up (still delicious cold)plus a couple of snacks - just in case we had a delay. All carried in a roll along bag, no carrying involved.
Any drinks surplus to requirements are given away to grateful recipients or left at the airport.
If you don't want to pay the prices then a little thought means you don't have to.

In this country we do the same except we pop into a supermarket near the airport last thing buy a baguette & whatever sandwich filling we fancy. We carry a knife in the car - instant delicious rolls that would cost you £5 each or more at our airports.

You KNOW it makes sense.
Linda

Offline booo

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 15:12:32 PM »
I was at Antalya airport in February I was that fed up, on my own and bored that paid 18 lira for a Burger King on my credit card which was about 9 pound at the time.
The 'worker' charged 20 lira to my card, when I complained he said sign and I will give you change, couldn't be bothered to argue with someone with rubbish English so just signed it. Could have happily punched him when he gave me my change in Euros.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 16:34:03 PM »
Bought a Thermos in Fethiye for about £5 . took sarnies and flask of tea nd was delighted we did when we were delayed. All you could here from people around us coming back with a cuppa snd a shmatty croisant was 'how much...'

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 17:58:55 PM »
I forgot to mention that after we had drunk the tea and eaten the food and were feeling quite pleased with ourselves for being self sufficient I remembered my husband (Jukebox) had to take an antibiotic which resembled a big horse tablet ! So we had to give in and buy a small bottle of water to help swallow it!

The price ???  4.5 YTL ! Ouch. We had the cash but begrudged having to pay it !:( The same bottle in our local shop was 0.25.You do the maths on the overcharge.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 18:01:36 PM by Cavfan »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 10:36:16 AM »
i noticed yesterday lots of people had there own food when will the airport realise they people will not pay those prices

Offline vexaar

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 20:55:34 PM »
Old topic I know. But I actually like a Double Whoppa with cheese. Just sorry that in the new terminal BK is outside airside so I have to buy McDonalds after duty-free.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf