Author Topic: Uzumla Wine House - Fantastic Steaks  (Read 1874 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Uzumla Wine House - Fantastic Steaks
« on: February 13, 2010, 16:55:04 PM »
Well I went back to Feb09 before I got bored and did a search in Bar & Restaurant & Uzumlu and there doesn't seem to be a restaurant review for the Uzumlu Wine House so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Forgive me if I am wrong:

We (me and Dogan) went to a quiz night recently and had a meal beforehand.

The best I can say about this place is that it is most definitely the place to go for steak. It was tender just as it should be,  perfectly cooked as requested and absolutely delicious.

The steak meals were by far the best I have had in a very long time and not overpriced like some places for meat as tough as old boots.

The menu is mainly international cuisine but we shared a plate of mixed Turkish mezes for starters.

The price for 1 shared starter, 2 steak meals: one T Bone and one steak on top of a very fresh tasting pate
with a sauce 1 beer, 1 wine and 1 water was 70TL.

The wine house is a cozy (but not small) venue with the restaurant upstairs and downstairs has a very comfortable feel.

The hosts were delightful and attentive (I was greeted by name although we have never met) and the service was excellent.

I would highly recommend the Uzumlu Wine House which I believe changed hands relatively recently (a year or so ago) making big changes to the menu.

Combined with a trip to mooch around Uzumlu which is pretty and scenic and the main town reminiscent of rural France a meal here would make this an excellent way to round off the day.

10 out of 10 from me  :)

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 17:21:16 PM »
I'm sure you and Dogan had more than 1 beer and 1 wine, from what I can remember[:o)] ;)

But you are correct, we both said at the time the Tornedos Rossine (prob spelled that wrong) was excellent.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 17:47:33 PM »
Eric, glad you remembered the name of the steak we had - I couldn't but it was recommended by a friend and I was soooo glad I had it.

We definitely want to go/come again before the season starts.

:)

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 17:57:09 PM »
Come up before 11th March so we can join you again...

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 18:12:24 PM »
Ok will do x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf