Author Topic: Bostans - our worst meal in Calis  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Ally B

Bostans - our worst meal in Calis
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 13:06:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by philrose

Can't really see what the problem is?? Ok they should not have brought out burnt food but when you complained and they finaly realised what the problem was it was fixed and they offered complimentary drinks/wine etc as an apology.
So if that was your worst meal in Calis I think you go off lightly:D

You cant see what the problem is.
They got off lightly.

What a weird attitude you have. When you go out for a meal you are expecting good service and good food.You certainly do not want to be sitting complaining.Every customer should be treated as if it is their first time and an effort should be made to make them come back.A free bottle of wine wont do it when the night has been spoiled.All staff are depending on return customers and good recomendations it is about time they got this into their heads.When you see the compitition round about it is time to get their finger out.If they got the food right the second time it proves they can do it if they can be bothered.

Offline philrose

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 16:20:07 PM »
My point was  that at least they made the effort to sort out the problem, unlike some places that will simply ignore you if you complain.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 17:24:22 PM »
so it sounds like the problems have been sorted and BBQ might be worth a retry!

Offline bagpus

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 18:25:32 PM »
I am not sure if I should reply or not. I am a bit upset by Ally's comment about if we could do it right the second time, we could have got it right the first time if we could be bothered? Unfortunately I cannot foretell the future, and didn't know our kitchen lady was going to slip and break her finger (on her working hand) and our barman was so ill he went to bed for the evening, so the boy who usually does reception worked behind the bar, so my husband was trying to run reception and help out in the kitchen at the same time, even though he is not even supposed to be working as he had a heart attck last year! We could not find extra staff at half an hours notice. Anyone at the restaurant that night will have seen how we were rushing around. Please do not say we simply could not be bothered. We were very upset the meal went out the way it did and subsequently made every effort to rectify the situation. I know a bottle of wine does not make up for it, but we did then bring out a lovely plate of food for them. I have apologised. What else is it you would like us to do?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 18:37:48 PM »
Well I think a bottle of wine was a nice gesture  :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 19:00:53 PM »
first time we went to bostans for the barbie was in april ,lovely food just perfect
then went i went in may with my mates the food was yuk under cooked liver and the steak was tough as old boots
never again

Offline Ally B

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 19:14:10 PM »
What I mean by couldnt be bothered is if the chef knows what a good dish looks like, he should know what a bad dish looks like and not send it out.why not cook another one.   Couldent be bothered.This is not just Bostons,in my experiance there is a lakadazicle attitude creeping into most restaurants these days.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 19:16:30 PM by Ally B »

Offline sagirl

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 07:20:29 AM »
The biggest problem was the disappointment to think that they would serve this food and think someone would accept it.  They were extremely busy but this should not be an excuse.  We waited 40 minutes and were not unhappy with this would even have waited longer.  I do agree they did make amends but the evening was already ruined.   We would possibly try them again but maybe not this holiday.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
I'm a bit perplexed by this thread. It seems to me that very unfortnately for sagirl they went on an evening when there were difficult and unforeseen circumstances facing the staff. Whilst the food and service wasnt up to the mark, they were given a full apology and offered a drink on the house. We have heard from bagpus as to why the situation had occurred and also a heartfelt apology. Yes its disappointing particulary as there seemed to have been a lot of hope pinned on a saturday night barby.
Having worked in customer service in one sector or another I believe that Bostans have made a text book effort at recovery- offer apologies and some sort of compensation. Yes of course there is the 'right first time every time' ethos but how many places get that spot on- particularly in Calis and come on be fair there are myriad threads running on conistency of food, service etc!
I've never been in Bostans, dont know the patrons but frankly I think they have a very positive can do attitude.
 :-\
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:49:36 AM by Cavfan »

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 08:59:06 AM »
I have had bad meals in restaurants and it is how the problem is dealt with that decides if I  go back or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf