Author Topic: Bostans - our worst meal in Calis  (Read 4541 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Bostans - our worst meal in Calis
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
 :)Think Cavfan has got it it one word, CONSISTENCY, we have had lovely meals and when we  return again , the quality or portions or prices have changed,you can give a good write up on one, only for someone to come back and say otherwise, or vice versa, no reflection on Bostans at all, because we have only eaten in there once, but I think they are much the same,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
Also there must be times where the chef at a restaurant (any restaurant) has a day off or doesn't turn up or is ill - what happens then? Obviously the restaurant doesn't shut for the evening and others all pitch in to try and hide the fact that the chef is not there - with varying degrees of success.

Offline bagpus

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
The varying degrees of success seeming to range from at best: somehow managing to all pull together and keep everyone happy (Possible, but not that probable) to at worst: ending up at the top of the Calis Beach Forum web-site! ;)
I think we English on the whole are quite highly strung and can often rise to the challenge of working faster and more efficiently if we need to. Turkish, however, seem to find this an alien concept. As a Nation they are wonderful people (I truly believe that or would not live here or be married to one!) but I am a little confused as on one hand we English complain all the time that they cannot 'move up a gear when needed' .. BUT on the other hand, is it not that laid back attitude that so many of us find attractive in this country, and the reason why we holiday or live here[?]
Can we really expect to have it both ways?

Offline Gavos999

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »
i had several meals at Bostans last week with my 6 year old lad and the place was always packed ,service and food was excellent...well done guys.

Special thank you to Onda and Ali !

Gav 8)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 12:57:46 PM »
Friends of our's who live in Calis  went to the special valentines night at bostan. For some reason, maybe the weather on a february evening -lack of promo ?? They were very few people present. Bostans had gone to a lot of effort to make it a lovely evening with fantastic food and ambiance and it very much appreciated that the evening could have been called off for lack of support. However, the staff and owners gave our friends a wonderful night although they could not have possibly made any money,indeed they must have suffered a heavy loss.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 13:35:47 PM »
If we'd have been so 'disappointed' at some of our Calis dinning experiences I dont think this would be our 22nd year of holidaying there so for instance;
one of us eating alone whilst the other waited an hour for a pizza -at the first place to have a pizza oven- Bahar  
chips coming with the bill- anywhere you care to mention- its a recent concept of chips with your meal in Calis!
crappy coffee- everwhere until very recently
less than sanitary 'facilities'- most places!
Hasnt put us off thank God!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 13:37:35 PM »
Be careful Maria, I mentioned crappy coffee but luckily I think I got away with it  ;)

Offline Jancie

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 17:44:20 PM »
Hi,
Ate at Bostans twice during our holiday at the end of June. Both BBQ nights were fantastic, the food was topnotch and the floor show wonderful. As has been previously said there were unforseen circumstances on this particular night and steps were taken to rectify the problem.
We ate out every night of our holiday and only had one mediocre meal and that was our own fault for trying one of the cheaper places on the main street that advertised swordfish for 13 lira. It was no more swordfish than I am, BUT, it was edible, and you live and learn!!!!
Am going to Dalyan next year, as enjoyed Calis but want to try other resorts:D

Offline Julesp

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 22:52:19 PM »
OY
:D

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Be careful Maria, I mentioned crappy coffee but luckily I think I got away with it  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf