Author Topic: Bombay - Calis  (Read 4926 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Bombay - Calis
« on: April 24, 2011, 14:08:45 PM »
The Bombay re-opened last night for the summer.   Not a spare seat in the place.  The starters were excellent.  Wasn't overly impressed with my main course - but liked other peoples choices - think I was a bit cautious and should have gone for something a bit spicier than the korma. It was a typical opening night - a bit chaotic but great fun.   Some people really enjoyed the food and some people complained - it was nice to see the owner taking such an interest in the complaints and his assurances that all comments would be discussed with the chef.  Will definitely give it another try in a few weeks but on a quieter night.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bombay - Calis
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 14:17:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

it was nice to see the owner taking such an interest in the complaints

And without having to push his gun into anyone's face or threatening to kill their children. Top marks, what a lovely owner he sounds.

[xx(]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bombay - Calis
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 14:37:15 PM »
Even though I love Indian food.  I would never go to this place or give the guy my business, after what I have read on the Forum about him.  There are plenty of really lovely people with excellent restaurants in the area I would prefer to have my money.

Offline Robw

Bombay - Calis
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 14:41:53 PM »
As above  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bombay - Calis
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 14:50:23 PM »
me too

Offline dycedon

Bombay - Calis
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 14:54:56 PM »
Indian food in turkey naaaaaaaaa dont think so same for chinese and british food, healthy turkish food all the way, rice salad and chips

Offline sunnyd

Bombay - Calis
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 15:19:55 PM »
never eaten at Bombay and never will! Will not give my custom to people like that [:(!]
If I want to have an Indian I will drive all the way to Hisaronu and go to the Shine restaurant :P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bombay - Calis
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 15:24:54 PM »
Or try Bati restaurant Nik, I hear they do a good curry - and close for you to stagger home  ;)

Offline sunnyd

Bombay - Calis
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 16:37:02 PM »
excellent  :) ermmm 'stagger' home.... what you tryin to say? lol :D

Offline kizkucuk

Bombay - Calis
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 16:42:16 PM »
Keith I realise that you have issues with the owners but I can't base where I eat on other peoples opinions of restaurant owners and staff.  I have always found Muko to be polite and helpful especially when I was settling into my new life in Turkey.   This was an honest review of the opening night. There are so many rumours in Calis I would never eat out if I allowed them to influence where I eat and drink.  The restaurant was fully booked last night so obviously there are a lot of people who feel the same way.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this a section for bar and restaurant reviews not a review of the owner.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf