Author Topic: Akindez Restaurant  (Read 3944 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Akindez Restaurant
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
Another old favourite gone, the Akindez restaurant on B M B is no more, a new sign is up, Corner Pub and Restaurant. not sure I go along with the emphasis on Pub. be a shame now we have new roads, neater canals, if they start concentrating on pubs and bars, would hate to see Calis become another Marmaris, Bodrum, etc. used to really enjoy their Pide over the years. :(

Offline philrose

Re: Akindez Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
I think you mean the Akdeniz, yes it is a shame. Apparently the chef from Roka has taken it over....

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:50:48 AM »
He is a really good chef and a nice man (Hussein) - served his time in 5 * hotels in Europe 35 years ago and finally settled in Sweden for 20 years before coming back to Turkey. He was laid off for winter months in December and was clearly disappointed and has been fed up I think?

He is the sort of chef who can conjure up "specials" out of what he has left and generally they are first class - good luck to him.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 13:11:23 PM »
Very sorry to hear the news, such a nice family. But on the other hand, best of luck to the new owner.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 14:42:32 PM »
tried the akindez on Friday night for valentines night. heard a lot of good reports but imo!!! needs a lot of work. maybe just me but I cant stand cold plates for a steak meal. I think they got got caught out with the number of people who turned up. to be fair knocked quite a few lira off the bill. waiting for nearly 1hour for a meal is not my scene. I know they are only learning? and all that I can say is good luck.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 14:43:44 PM »
its early days and quite willing to give them a chance.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 15:15:04 PM »
tried the akindez on Friday night for valentines night. heard a lot of good reports but imo!!! needs a lot of work. maybe just me but I cant stand cold plates for a steak meal. I think they got got caught out with the number of people who turned up. to be fair knocked quite a few lira off the bill. waiting for nearly 1hour for a meal is not my scene. I know they are only learning? and all that I can say is good luck.
You buying a steak Jack, My god have you won the Lottery. your friend Des.  ;)  ;)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 18:11:17 PM »
maybe just me but I cant stand cold plates for a steak meal.

Not just you Jack. I hate it when any hot food is served on cold plates, even if its a humid July evening. >:( >:(

Offline madmart

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 19:42:11 PM »
Not quite sure of the current situation, but Fahri from the Akdeniz did have a new venture in the old Onur hotel. Last year it was called Akdeniz apartments until we go out in May cannot confirm. Maybe Rimms can as it is not far from his place.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 20:59:30 PM »
In the UK at the moment Mart but will have a look when I get back

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf