Author Topic: Aroma Restaurant  (Read 3342 times)

Offline sadler

Aroma Restaurant
« on: September 24, 2014, 21:04:33 PM »
Yea, got the name correct this time! Visited this evening, just me and the husband. Again delicious free starters of garlic bread and dips. I had the Greek beef  stiffado  and the other half the  battered courgettes (he was saving himself for the pancakes). Absolutely lovely, and after explaining to Mustafa that I had posted on here but got the name of his restaurant wrong, he then told me that "he loved me" in at least 6 languages (it has been sooooo long)! He then gave us coffee at his expense. I must emphasise that we do not expect freebies, but they were very much appreciated. Again, potato wedges, not greasy chips, with fresh veg. This restaurant has very quickly become our favourite on the Calis prom. Such a refreshing change to all the other chip, rice and salad eateries. He also played some beautiful music whilst we were eating, such a nice change from getting our eardrums busted with all the loud music heard from other establishments whilst walking home. Certainly a cut above and ten out of ten from us.   :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Aroma Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 22:25:34 PM »
we were going to go there on Tuesday but could not remember which end of the prom it was so ended up in the meeting point for a meal  :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
Puma when you face the sea on the prom, go right, it is a fair way up, immediately before Merhaba.  :) ;D 8)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 15:12:40 PM »
we were there the same night as you Sadler, sat on the end table while Mustafa told you he loved you so many times in different languages  :). As usual the food was superb and the 3 people with me were well impressed. It is such a shame the place is small so people walk past without noticing it because the food more than makes up for the appearance of the place. If you want to try it this season though, be quick as Mustafa said he may not open after Bayram as season almost finished :(

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 16:05:34 PM »
Hellzbellz, where you the table of 4 who were having a laugh with Mustafa about his pronunciation of "sandwiches"? He is such a nice man, and he did say that he is hoping to get bigger premises. Let's hope he does.(of course, I am not in the slightest biased, And him telling me he loved me so many times has not coloured my opinions at all)!   ;D ;D ;D  :)  ;)  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 16:26:37 PM »
Totally agree with all the good comments. Luckily for us The Aroma is next door to our hotel....Service is impeccable... Food served hot and I agree that Mustafa us a lovely man../ We had a bottle if water which the wine and meal... The glasses had a slice of lemon and grapefruit in and a sprig of mint...nice touch... The meals were excellent.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 18:16:44 PM »
Just had the chilli beef here tonight. Absolutely delicious..made with very tasty steak.... I can't understand why it isn't busier.. The food is some of the best we have eaten in Calis... And lovely presentation.... Don't forget tommorow nights entertainment.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
yes Sadler I have to own up to being on the table with the laughter about the sandwiches- which should have been "some wedges" but pronunciation made it sound like sandwiches  :). Was talking to Mustafa and he said he may not be here next year, maybe going Kalkan which would be such a shame for us but definitely Kalkans gain

Offline sadler

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 21:21:33 PM »
Went again tonight, and still didn't fail to impress. So sad that Mustafa told us he only has 2 more weeks there and then he is off to Kalkan because the rent is so high in Calis. What a loss for Calis.  :( :( :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf