Author Topic: average prices for beer and spirits  (Read 16852 times)

Offline jimbo 1

average prices for beer and spirits
« on: November 02, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »
my wife and I are thinking about going to calis beach next year for 4 weeks we have not been for about 12 years just wondering the cost of drinks and in general food. thanks in advance jim

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: average prices for beer and spirits
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
We paid on average 7 for a large Efes (less than £2 at exchange rate) and 10 for an Efes Malt - although some places were more because they were more expensive restaurants. Not sure on spirit prices, by the time I get on to them I don't much care how much they cost :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »
About 10  for a G&T I think.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
Love Calis and never think about what the food and drink costs.   I do know it is miles cheaper and miles better eating out in Calis than in the U.K.   I mean 19 lira for a three course Sunday lunch in Vojo's... what is not to like.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
Hope this does not start a long thread about beer prices  ;D

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »
 :
Love Calis and never think about what the food and drink costs.   I do know it is miles cheaper and miles better eating out in Calis than in the U.K.   I mean 19 lira for a three course Sunday lunch in Vojo's... what is not to like.

The feeling of being too full! Have never managed three courses, rarely eat two, just order one desert with two spoons and share! :P

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 13:35:15 PM »
I do know it is miles cheaper and miles better eating out in Calis than in the U.K.

We paid £ 21.00 for 2 courses with one white wine and one fresh orange and lemonade in Beauly yesterday.

Food and service (restaurant was full) were excellent.

So hardly miles cheaper in Calis, Jacqui.

If memory serves a main course in the excellent Vojo's ranges in price from 20 - 30 with a steak around 38 lira. Prices which are similar to other establishments.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 13:41:54 PM »
We had a fab meal at Mancero with staters, main courses, desserts for the kids, a couple of wines, beers and soft drinks. Being of expensive reputation I wasn't keen to see the bill. When it came it was the equivalent of £53! Where else an you get such good food in such a setting with great service...for around £13 each!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 14:04:24 PM »
:

The feeling of being too full! Have never managed three courses, rarely eat two, just order one desert with two spoons and share! :P

Sadler, just to let you know the three courses are inclusive of the 19 lira. but, you don't have to eat them all and you don't have to share a dessert with two spoons.   However, I am pointing out how cheap it is to eat out whether you want the whole three courses is optional, but you pay the same price whatever you eat.

H,  We usually find it around £30.00 for a meal in Calis for the two of us with drinks.  This is miles cheaper that going out for dinner in our neck of the woods in Scotland. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule but generally, Calis and Fethiye are cheaper for us that the U.K.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 17:24:19 PM »
One of the great things about the area is the value for money on food - you can eat cheaply and extremely well (lokantas, Frank Cannons etc) and you can eat expensively at a cheaper price (Mancero etc) - and at all points in between. There's nothing I like more than visiting the glass cabinet in Sahil Lokantasi and getting the full description of all different meals - then choosing one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf