Author Topic: Electric bills.  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Rayza

Electric bills.
« on: February 12, 2017, 15:58:50 PM »
During December I received an electric bill for 0.75tl even though our apartment hasn't been used since October. Paid following receiving a reminder. Then again this month, I received a bill for 1.30TL.. Again the apartment hasn't been used since October. All the electric was switched off in the apartment and at the communal box. This has never happened before, so it's  a bit strange why we are still receiving bills for an unused apartment. A standing charge perhaps?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Electric bills.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 16:31:52 PM »
Seems that standing charges (of sorts) are now being applied. I look after a couple of holiday homes & they're receiving similar bills this winter even though neither of them have had people in them since October. As with yours, they are just small amounts

Offline Rayza

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 18:15:23 PM »
Liz. Many thanks. I wonder how many people will get cut off, for not paying such a small amount.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 20:17:27 PM »
if they have a standing order at the Bank, like we do and I am sure many others who have properties in the area do.  The Bank  will just pay the Bill and there will be no cut off.
We get a online statement from our Bank, so we can check our bills.

Offline DavidGray

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
After a year I am still struggling with Aydem Electric and Finnas Bank sorting out the standing order.
A paper bill keeps arriving on the meter and is picked up by a friend. Getting cut off is not unusual for me. :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
We moved to the Seker Bank last year and up to now are very pleased with the service. Two very nice young ladies in there who speak very good English (one who moved from the ING Bank).
Online Banking is good and they send us a statement every month where we can check the utility bills are being paid.   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf