Author Topic: On Thursday I Retire  (Read 9183 times)

Offline teresa321

On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »
You may see us sooner than that.  Thanks though
Teresa

Offline tel

On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 13:15:28 PM »
Hi again
You pay more for fast track obviously. which will cost you approx 250-300 Ytl more than the usual fee guys.
If you are not in any hurry then during your 90 day visa..you SHOULD make it.
best wishes
Tel

Offline busybee

On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 19:16:08 PM »
Good Luck Teresa.  We retired early and have been living our dream in Calis for the last 18months.  Have no regrets whatsoever.  You will now be able to do all the things you never had time for when you were working.

Don't look at it as retirement just a new chapter in your life.  There's always charity work if the withdrawal symptoms for work get that bad.

Offline teresa321

On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2006, 06:45:15 AM »
Thanks for your support. We made it and we have been here for 7 weeks now.  Time passes beautifully and we are so chilled we could just fall out of the tree.  Have not missed work one jot since leaving and it may be early days but we have no regrets at all.

We applied for residency fairly quickly and did not fast track because it costs enough already and we were not in a hurry.  I was surprised when I saw the residency "passport". I expected a rubber stamp mark in my UK passport and perhaps a piece of paper.

Teresa

Offline brenmack16

• Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2006, 14:22:13 PM »
Hi Teresa :)
We would just like to say enjoy your retirement in Calis you wont regret it from what people have said on this site. We hope to retire over in Calis but not for a while yet, I have only got 5 years to go but I have to wait for Andy but I intend to get everything paid here for when he is 55 so he can retire early,then we can both come and live our dream in our place in Calis. For now we have to just have regular visits. Once again enjoy yourselves and lap up every moment you have done the right thing and remember the family are only a phonecall away or a flight away which they will enjoy comeing to see you on a free holiday :D
Brenda

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 18:15:23 PM »
worked hard, now enjoy a long retirement in the sun, well done and best wishes to you both, regards Charlie:D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 18:16:27 PM by c1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf