Author Topic: Any Advice?  (Read 4765 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Any Advice?
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

Off to Olu for the first time on 18th, any tips/ideas where to visit or avoid please.

We will be staying at the Blue Star, have arranged to eat at Mozaic Bahce, Jerry Boat trip and Saklikent(sorry!) Gorge with Carole and Tayfun. If any one knows of any great places to visit or eat, it will be appreciated.

Happy Holidays
Bernie xx 8)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Any Advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »
The Buzz bar is fab Bernie, book a table at the front upstairs to watch the sunset

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »

We have been having a look at their webcam, it's in a great location isn't it, I think a visit there is a definite.

Thanks Anne 8)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »
Help Bar Lounge does an amazing prawn and artichoke or asparagus (can never remember which) hot salad. It has sun dried tomatoes, pesto, feta cheese and is one of my fave dishes and plenty of it too  :D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
Maybe you could take a little trip to Kayakoy the ghost town from Oludeniz. That is a lovely day out and we like to find somewhere traditional that has tree houses and have a ready barbeque bought to us and we cook our own selection of meats, tomato, pepper and onions to eat with our mezes.

There is a nice breeze in Kaya so walking around the ruins before lunching can be quite pleasant.

You may need to change Dolmus at Hisaronu so worth checking with the drivers in Olu what time the Kaya Dolmus gets to Hisaronu and also the check the last one back from Kaya as they didn't use to run so late.

Some people like to walk to Kaya but it is a hot and long climb up from Oludeniz; not so bad coming back down.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »

Thanks Nichola, that dish at the help bar sounds great. Kayakoy sounds worth a visit too!

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 15:51:03 PM »
The main beach at Olu is nice but also venture round to some of the private beaches.... Sugar Beach or Gench or Seahorse are all worth spending a day at.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 16:35:51 PM »
I echo Nichola's recommendation on Help Bar.   Lovely bar, lovely food and delisssssiousss cocktails   ;) ;D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 16:48:30 PM »
And I second Jo b's post about the other beaches. Sugar Beach is owned by the same people as the Help Bar Lounge.

No fee to get in, pay to use sun beds etc and they have a nice restaurant too and although I believe they have the same menu there, obviously not the same chefs so the way the same meal is cooked at one may be a bit different to the other.

They also have a nice cheese cake and chocolate brownies - I know you like your desserts Bernie :P

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 16:58:19 PM »
Choose a small boat for your trips. The big Easy Riders boat was too big and loud for my liking.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf