Author Topic: Not only in Benidorm  (Read 2584 times)

Offline saoirse

Not only in Benidorm
« on: January 21, 2020, 09:07:16 AM »
Had an excellent trip to Calis recently from my home here in Valencia

Was surprised/ disappointed however to see and have to listen to some expat couples- more than old enough to know better- continually scream obscenities at shrill high pitch in various ex pat establishments- some seem convinced we all want to hear their pointless vulgar guff

When I came to Spain after Turkey I was wary that the expat community here may be a lot more ott than their counterparts living in Turkey- how wrong I was!

Still enjoyed great stay and met some amazing people both Turks and  very friendly and helpful expats

Calis and Fethiye definitely still have it and with restaurants etc now easily on a par with European resorts its fantastic to see how things continue to improve

Offline scorcher

Re: Not only in Benidorm
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 09:55:27 AM »
 .....and you of course were well known to be as quiet as an Uzumlu dormouse!   ;)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »
Lol - We all have our moments including you Frankie-  but this was incessant aging chav stuff

I am merely highlighting a disappointing observation as in the past I have heard it said that ex pat Benidorm types can be a reason to avoid Spain 

Obviously there are these types everywhere. I just found it interesting to have encountered it less here in Spain

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 11:17:16 AM »
Maybe they were Bullfighters  on Holiday😛😛😛

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 11:42:53 AM »
I know exactly what you mean Saoirse. Just last October I was enjoying a quiet nightcap with friends at a Calis promenade establishment when a lairy Irishman approached with some quite boisterous behaviour. 

Offline saoirse

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »
Lol
Regretting mentioning this now!!!!

But I will stick to my guns especially as some seasoned expats we spoke to there most definitely agreed with us

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf