Author Topic: Security searches at dalaman  (Read 7159 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Security searches at dalaman
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 19:41:20 PM »
On arrival at Dalaman yesterday, for our flight home to Gatwick, our hand luggage wasn't even weighed, never mind inspected, Dalaman security is a laughable farce, the " x-ray operatives " were more concerned with chattering away amongst themselves than checking baggage, when ours went through, the young lady wasn't even at her desk, and ran back to sit down there, only after about 10 passengers luggage had passed through the machine !!!!  >:( >:(  On another note, I am at a total loss as to how passengers will insist on attempting to squeeze their way up the isle on an aircraft with a huge, oversize bag in their hand, AND a frickin' great backpack on !!  Then they took about 10 bloody minutes to load it all into the overhead lockers,so long in fact, that the Captain made an announcement over the P.A. asking them to get a move on !!!! MORONS  !!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 21:16:32 PM »
Aisle give you that one Gordon before JH spots it !   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 21:43:24 PM »
Would that be the Aisle of Sky ?  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 21:56:25 PM »
Strange Gordy thinks the Xray machines are a waste of time, without them they would never have detected me trying to get on a plane with an unexploded Panasonic bread making machine. After a major incident involving just about everyone who works at the airport, they decided to let me go.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 22:14:12 PM »
Aisle give you that one Gordon before JH spots it !    ;)

He is in Scottish mode,  he has not shouted for 3 weeks, oh well holiday over

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »
Same here flew back a few weeks back and the 'kid' on the x.ray machine was laughing away with someone behind him,totally missed about three lots of luggage as he was not looking at the screen at all which meant I got through with my mini juice cartons, e pecked to have them confiscated at second check but no,they are still in my fridge as we used the CIP lounge and for once on leaving Dalaman airport I was full to bursting   ;)

Offline suehugh

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
But it was specifically females only, so we assume they must have been acting after a warning of some sort

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 14:23:07 PM »
Strange Gordy thinks the Xray machines are a waste of time, without them they would never have detected me trying to get on a plane with an unexploded Panasonic bread making machine. After a major incident involving just about everyone who works at the airport, they decided to let me go.

I never once in my post intimated that the " x-ray " machines are a waste of time Guv' , they are an essential part of the security system at any point of of entry, whether by land, sea, or air , IF attended . A total waste of money otherwise.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:39 AM »
No but they are if their operators are!

Offline Christie

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 16:23:08 PM »
We came home yesterday with Easyjet - went through the first security then spent 40 minutes in the 'speedy boaders' queue !! before going through another security section where we needed to have our boarding passes in our hand, and then customs.  We went straight to the boarding gate, and when boarding commenced with the speedy boarders we were taken aside and our passports checked and noted and our hand luggage searched, both the lap top and the phone were checked to ensure they worked.   Meanwhile a load of other people were just being let through.  I don't mind security searches but I do think they should search everyone on the plane rather than just a handful here and there.  Good flight home though and Stansted was nice and quiet - nice to be home to such lovely weather.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf